ONT Box - Red "VID" Light on
AL102
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have Verizon triple play and had both my TV and phone service go out for about 5-10 minutes today.  It started with problems with the on-screen TV guide.  I did not check my internet service so do not know if it also affected my internet.  During that time, the ONT box had red lights lit on "FAIL" and "VID".

Now everything is back to normal and I can get TV, on-screen guide, video on demand, internet, and phone service.  I ran the on-screen self diagnostic test on TV and it's fine.  But the red "VID" light on the ONT is still on, although the "FAIL" red light is off.

Does anyone know what the red "VID" light mean?

Thanks

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: ONT Box - Red "VID" Light on
mobyric1
Enthusiast - Level 3

red or amber video light usually means insufficient 1550 light levels on the fiber. you need to schedule a repair ticket.

View solution in original post

prisaz
Legend

There should be a chart inside the ONT that shows a listing. I know there is on the ONT 612.

Service Provisioned but video power is low.

I would contact tech support for trouble shooting assistance. If it was good before, it could be something went bad or it took a power spike. If you disconnect the coax does the red light go out? If it does, it could indicate a problem in one of your devices or coax.

0 Likes
mobyric1
Enthusiast - Level 3

red or amber video light usually means insufficient 1550 light levels on the fiber. you need to schedule a repair ticket.

AL102
Enthusiast - Level 2

After a while, the "Fail" light on the ONT also came on and I lost cable, internet, and phone service.  I called in a service request and the service person just left.  I'm back in service.

Correct.  It was a bad fiber line going into my ONT.  After the 1st attempt to fix, I got all my services back, but still had the red "VID" light on.  The service guy, check the line and discovered a weak video signal.  He traced it out and switched to another fiber line.  And now no more red lights.

Moral of the story, RED lights means something is wrong even if you continue to get service.

Thanks

ronhoo1
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am currently in the same situation where my video error light is intermittently on.  I have had FiOS less than a month and the service goes off (mostly intenet and phone).  Usually Verizon will reset the ONT from their offices, but yesterday they could not.

Today a tech came out and replaced the ONT for the second time (so the 3rd board).  Internet, Phone, and Video was working and is still working now but the Video Error light is on.  I suspect I will at some point lose service again.  I will direct them to this thread

Thanks

Ron

0 Likes