Philips RC1445301 Remote Frozen
kivrin1

Hi, All,

I hope someone can help.  I've searched everywhere for a solution but I haven't come across anyone who's had this problem.  Our remote is frozen:  The POWER and FIOS TV buttons are both lit up.  I've tried resetting the remote by pressing STB and OK simultaneously etc., and doing everything in the Troubleshooting section of the manual, but the remote is completely unresponsive.  I've tried changing the batteries and also taking out the batteries for more than an hour and putting them back in. Still no joy.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.  I suspect, however, that I'm probably going to have to get  a replacement remote.

Thanks!

0 Likes
Re: Philips RC1445301 Remote Frozen
DzWR
Contributor - Level 1

Sounds to me like the remote is toast.  The way to reset it is:

Reset remote to factory defaults
All previous programming will be lost 1) Press and hold the STB key. 2) While holding down the STB key, press OK. 3) Release both keys. The Devices Keys will blink twice. 4) press 9-0-0. The STB key will blink 3 times to indicate sucess in programming.

Thing is though, youre buttons are always lit...so I think it might be a goner.

0 Likes
kivrin1

Thanks for your reply, DzWR.   I thought that might be case although I just tried the reset instrux one more time.  No blinking, nada. Oh well - such is tech.

Thanks again.

@DzWR wrote:

Sounds to me like the remote is toast.  The way to reset it is:

Reset remote to factory defaults
All previous programming will be lost 1) Press and hold the STB key. 2) While holding down the STB key, press OK. 3) Release both keys. The Devices Keys will blink twice. 4) press 9-0-0. The STB key will blink 3 times to indicate sucess in programming.

Thing is though, youre buttons are always lit...so I think it might be a goner.

0 Likes
DzWR
Contributor - Level 1
Np, figured that reset wouldn't work -- but hey who knows.  Should be able to get a new one shipped to ya by calling tech support.
0 Likes