Picture in Picture
Ramsey_User

My remote control has a Pic in Pic button, and I have a DVR, which means I should be able to do two things at once.

However, the PIP button does nothing.

Note, I have a "regular" Verizon dvr, not the home media dvr ...

I searched SUPPORT for Picture in Picture, and found NOTHING.

Any insight out there?

0 Likes
Re: Picture in Picture
Paul
Enthusiast - Level 3

Do you have the Motorola remote?

Maybe the user guide for the Motorola has some PIP details for you - check it out at http://www22.verizon.com/ResidentialHelp/FiOSTV/Remote+Controls/SetUp/SetUp.htm -

0 Likes
Keyboards
Master - Level 3
The PIP button only works for TVs that support PIP.  The DVR does not support PIP (at least not as configured by Verizon).
0 Likes
gknee

The Motorola box does not seem to support PIP directly.  This is something I miss from my TimerWaner/ScientificAtlanta box.  That box supprted PIP directly and I was able to PIP between to the two tuners in the DVR box.   Of course it is physically possible but the software on the box currently does not support it.  Verizon if your listening (and I know you are) this feature has actually kept two households I know of from switching to FIOS TV and was almost a deal breaker for me.

0 Likes
slothrob
Enthusiast - Level 2

On my TV, the PIP works if you connect the DVR to one TV input, and the cable directly to another so that it's using the TV's tuner for the second picture.

0 Likes
Paddy

Kudos to gknee on 9/10.  The ability for the STB to fully support PIP exist and is provided by competing cable systems.  My sister in law lives in CA and subscribes to Cox, they use the Scientific Atlanta STB that fully supports PIP. 

As gknee mentions, we'll see if Verizon is truly as customer oriented as they claim and gets up to speed with the State of the Pracitce in PIP.  It is a software issue and the software exist! 

What's up VERIZON??

Thanks,

Paddy

0 Likes