Pixelated picture on all tvs and set tops
Johnny928

How do I stop the pixelated picture on the speed channel only on all tvs?. Not a connection problem

0 Likes
Re: Pixelated picture on all tvs and set tops
PJL
Master - Level 3

@Johnny928 wrote:

How do I stop the pixelated picture on the speed channel only on all tvs?. Not a connection problem

Why are you certain that it is "not a connection" problem?  A poor coax connection or splitter problem can impact a single channel.  I your case, that connection could be between the ONT and the splitter, or it could be the splitter itself.

0 Likes
Hubrisnxs
Legend

could still be a connection problem, but aside from unhooking the connections at your main splitter, just run over to your main battery back up and reset the system first.   Hold down both blue buttons for about 20 seconds, you'll hear a big beep, and that will start resetting.  then check your tv's.  

if they are stil pixelating, check with your neighbors, if they have no problem, then it's likely an issue in the house with the cabling or wiring.   Find the main fios unit, it has a coax coming out of it, and it goes into a splitter,  unhook all the connections there, and then clean them up and put them back nice and snug.  

if that doesn't fix it you may need a tech out. 

CHIEF17
Enthusiast - Level 1

is this a forum?

well, my local tv digita  stations (OTA) l ..( 10 channels ) have good strength as indicated by signal strength indicators / meter  on EACH channel. the readings are 75 to 96,,,,,nothing lower. These readings are constant,  BUT..... the picture STILL pixelates / tears and drops out off and on.... EVEN WITH THE GOOD STRENGTH READINGS  on ALL 10 channels. I am very frustrated here.

Any ideas and /or replies will be appreciated.

0 Likes
PJL
Master - Level 3

@CHIEF1 wrote:

is this a forum?

well, my local tv digita  stations (OTA) l ..( 10 channels ) have good strength as indicated by signal strength indicators / meter  on EACH channel. the readings are 75 to 96,,,,,nothing lower. These readings are constant,  BUT..... the picture STILL pixelates / tears and drops out off and on.... EVEN WITH THE GOOD STRENGTH READINGS  on ALL 10 channels. I am very frustrated here.

Any ideas and /or replies will be appreciated.

This is a forum, but it is for FiOS TV, not over-the-air TV.  That said, you signal may be showing good readings but OTA signal can vary significantly from second to second.  You might check the alignment of your antenna.  If you're just on the edge of a signal, it may show good strength and then quickly drop out.

CHIEF17
Enthusiast - Level 1

thank you  PJL for the suggestion.

So how do I "align" the antenna to the most optimum direction if the signal already reads very good strength?

Also, is it possible that the coaxial (RG6) wire is bad and should be replaced with a brand new "run"  of wire?

0 Likes
Foo_Man_Chew
Enthusiast - Level 1

Resetting my main backup battery worked. Thanks!

0 Likes