Pixelation, no more options. Need Help
PJF310
Enthusiast - Level 2

For about that last 2-3 years I have Fios techs outs because of Pixelation issues I've been having.

They have done everything imaginable from what I can see to fix this. I'm at a complete loss at what to do next. My other option is TWC and I HATE THEM, PQ is horrible and dont have any comparalbe speeds for Internet. I can go with DirectTV which I seen Sat. in the past break up constantly with high winds/bad weather. I want to keep Fios but feel with what I am spending I shouldn't have these issues, and at least getting something back from them.

Here's what they have done in past two years..

Replaced all STB's

Added grounding rod

Replaced Router ( 3 times )

Replaced ONT

Replaced all connectors going onto STB's

Replaced splitter ( 3 times )

Replaced Coax from ONT to splitter

Replaced Coax from splitter to 2 different rooms

Switched power outlet Router is plugged into

Capped open terminals on splitter and STB's

Used power booster's

All tests they run show everything getting good signal. I want to see if QTV will fix this but last thing I want to do is PAY MORE when I really shouldnt have to. I posted something on another Fourm and was suggested to remove everything besides STB's off router to see if something was interferring or causing the issue. I did that and still having problems.

I called Tech Supervisor again today to let him know issues are still present. He said his boss will call me tomorrow. I really don't know what else they can do or what else I can do. 

I also recently had a very terrible phone conversation with Billing that almost lead me to cancel my service. That phone call is really still bugging me and with the TV issues still happening its not helping the case.

Any suggestions?

0 Likes
Re: Pixelation, no more options. Need Help
Hubrisnxs
Legend

Wow, that's a lot,  which set top boxes do you have the cisco motorola or the new quantum stuff? 

Also I have heard of wierd stuff, like smart meters that are located too close to the main verizon terminal causing issues like this.

0 Likes
PJF310
Enthusiast - Level 2

All new updated Moto QIP7100 2 ( 2 of these ) and DVR is 7232

Nothing in proximity of ONT or splitters

0 Likes
starrin
Contributor - Level 3

@PJF310 wrote:

For about that last 2-3 years I have Fios techs outs because of Pixelation issues I've been having.

SNIP

Any suggestions?

Regardless of what they say the "readings" are, have they replaced the input to the ONT?  Mine was kinked, and made all the difference in the world.  Have you checked out your SNR on the affected? TV(s)/Channels?

All TVs? All Channels?  All the time?

If you have a TV small enough, can you move it so tht you can connect it directly to the incoming line from the ONT - No spltters, just a direct run.  Help?

0 Likes
PJF310
Enthusiast - Level 2

@starrin wrote:

@PJF310 wrote:

SNIP

Any suggestions?

Regardless of what they say the "readings" are, have they replaced the input to the ONT?  Mine was kinked, and made all the difference in the world.  Have you checked out your SNR on the affected? TV(s)/Channels?

All TVs? All Channels?  All the time?

If you have a TV small enough, can you move it so tht you can connect it directly to the incoming line from the ONT - No spltters, just a direct run.  Help?

Do you mean the main Fiber line going into ONT from Power Pole?

SNR?

Yes, All TV's, various channels. The pixealtion comes and goes. It's hard to really lock down when it happens, since it does it on different channels on different TV's at different times.

0 Likes
PJF310
Enthusiast - Level 2

So I found System Dia. ( Menu, Settings, System Info, Pressed Info on Remote for more details ) and I have no idea what stuff means but here is some of the info from all 3 STB's

Channel Info ( ESPN 2 HD, USA SD, MTV HD )

SNR Level: Good, Good, Good

SNR Value : 43db, 42db, 39db

Freq. 225 mhz, 417 mhz, 269 mhz

OOB Data

Freq. 75.00 MHZ, 75, 75

SNR level : good, good, good

SNR Value 26db, 25db, 26db

Moca Data 

Nodes: 3, 3, 3

Node ID: 0, 1, 2

Tx Rate: 240, 242, 238

RxRate: 241, 241, 234

0 Likes
Telcoguru
Master - Level 1

Are you using an Alcatel ONT?

0 Likes
starrin
Contributor - Level 3
@PJF310 wrote:

No.  If possible I wanted a home run direct  to the STP then TV from the line coming out of the ONT.  Or moving the box and a small TV to a place where they could be temporarily connected to that line.

The numbers look reasonable.  Did you take them while you were experiencing your picture problems.  That would tell a bit more.

0 Likes
PJF310
Enthusiast - Level 2

@Telcoguru wrote:

Are you using an Alcatel ONT?

I don't know. They just changed it two weeks ago. It's a much smaller all black one instead of the big bulky grey one that was put on the house 6 years ago

0 Likes
PJF310
Enthusiast - Level 2

@starrin wrote:
@PJF310 wrote:

No.  If possible I wanted a home run direct  to the STP then TV from the line coming out of the ONT.  Or moving the box and a small TV to a place where they could be temporarily connected to that line.

The numbers look reasonable.  Did you take them while you were experiencing your picture problems.  That would tell a bit more.

I just did that test on all tv's. Not when having an issue. I didnt know about that until you asked yesterday. I'll have to check right away when issues come up to see what it says.

0 Likes