Premier Package/NHL Network?
bluenoser

Hi All,

Just one quick question: I am a Verizon FiOS TV Premier subscriber in Massachusetts. Will I receive NHL Network in Standard Def. when it goes live in Mass on Monday or do I have to subscribe to a higher level package? (Even though I'm happy with what I've got and don't have an HDTV so can't really take advantage of the HD channels in the Extreme HD plan.)

Thanks,

N

0 Likes
Re: Premier Package/NHL Network?
matcarl
Master - Level 1
It's part of the Extreme package even in SD, you won't get it.
0 Likes
ldm1701
Enthusiast - Level 2
ok now I am confused. I have only had FIOS a few wks. Still getting used to new station #'s. When I click on an NHL game it says I am not subscribed. I have the ExtremeHD pkg. Am I supposed to get NHL or not? Thanks
0 Likes
matcarl
Master - Level 1
If you live in NY, right now you need the extra sports package to get that channel which is $7.99 a month, but I think that may be changing next month, not sure.
0 Likes
mj
I have 30 people coming over, waited for this fight for months, watched every 24/7 episode and dvr'd them for tonight and the fight isn't in HD. I'm done. Should be at least for free in SD. Fun watching, paying $60 for an SD picture on an HD set. Why did I get rid of my Direct TV? Worse things to complain about I know, however you all promoted this fight as being in HD. There was no message saying is was only available in SD. Spoke to your tech and he said only 4 states will be getting the fight in HD. Really poor, poor business. Especially since almost all the people are Fios customers. I think their all going to pull their memberships with you cause of this. Ridiculous! 
0 Likes
G-Pon
Contributor - Level 1
Go to site: http://www22.verizon.com/Residential/FiOSTV/ChannelLineup/ChannelLineup.htm Enter an area zip code to get the exact line-up, the HD chan can be viewed with a HD Set-Top-Box connected to a non HD TV for customers like us who don't have all HD TV's in every room! The NHL items you are looking for are in HD, but are part of a package called "NHL Center Ice" the package is very comprehensive and is designed to let you watch EVERY game no matter what your local programming is. If using a DVR to record the games, remember to use the "Time Recording" option, select manually when to begin and end the recording and add a little extra time at the end in case the game goes into extra periods! The automated system can not anticipate this and there's nothing more frustrating than missing the outcome of a close game! Not sure about the fight, I'll try & check on that for you. We might want to open a seperate string for that issue, I agree, it is kind of a critical issue. But you could always call the 888-553-1555 number, take the options to place an order & try to order it, if unavailable the ordering professionals will be able to shed some light on that real-time via phone.
0 Likes