Primary Router - Verizon Router - TV one main and mini connections
Akitanut
Enthusiast - Level 1

Hi Everyone,  

How to setup up my routers with Verizon and TV One Boxes.  I have gigabit service and wired into the ONT via ethernet. 

I want my ASUS Router as the Primary. 

I want the Verizon Router set as secondary router only for Verizon TV one boxes.  

I want all the TV One functions to work in the house and remote access to my TV one boxes / DVR settings, etc via the FIOS phone app.  

What is the best way to set up my router as the primary and to allow the Verizon router to provide all the proper access to the TV ONE  boxes? 

Notes::  my router is already set as the primary when I hade the older Verizon DVR boxes so the IPS are set.  Currently no remote access and some of the TV ONE functions are not accessible and Verizon can not see the Verizon box.  Did not want to make any changes to my router until I checked with someone who already set up their system the way I want mine to run.  One other note I was told the mini box uses WIFI from the Verizon router to communicate. I do have ethernet and coax I could plug the mini in if needed.  Concerned about competing WIFI signals from the Verizon router and my Router. My ASUS is a triband and I have the signal cranked all the way up so I have WIFI on my property.   

Appreciate anyone that can provide me some assistance.  Thank you! 

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Primary Router - Verizon Router - TV one main and mini connections
Cang_Household
Community Leader
Community Leader

Fios TV One and mini's require a VZ router as the primary router to deliver all functions.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: Primary Router - Verizon Router - TV one main and mini connections
Cang_Household
Community Leader
Community Leader

Fios TV One and mini's require a VZ router as the primary router to deliver all functions.

0 Likes