Programming TV One Remote to control sound bar
Nohojo
Enthusiast - Level 2

I just upgraded to FIOS TV One and I’m pretty impressed so far.  The new boxes are smaller and very clean looking.  I have the multi-room DVR setup, one DVR and two satellites, aka minis.  Everything showed up in less than a week he in PA.  Nice integration with Netflix and the UHD content looks great.  We’re still getting use to the big changes, a smaller remote with voice navigation.  No DVR button which is fine but I think I’ll miss fast forward and rewind buttons.  The features are there with voice commands but I think it’ll take some time getting used to not having the button control.  

My my big problem is trying to get the sound bar control set up.  On the set up in my main viewing room,  I have a Barska Edge TR-200 Sound Deck connected with an optical cable.  It is connected and he sound is working on a Samsung NU8000 but I can’t control the volume with the fios remote.  I tried to manually program the remote, but my sound bar manufacturer isn’t listed to even start going through the codes.  Previously, I had it set up with this sound bar and controlled the volume by setting the STB up to control the volume (variable).  That doesn’t seem to work with TV One and these new remotes.  

Not sure if if its worth getting a Verizon tech support on line or in the phone?

Thoughts?  Programming the remote to control the sound bar would be better than using the STB to control the volume.  

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Programming TV One Remote to control sound bar
Simmdogg
Enthusiast - Level 1

Currently the only way to access the ability to program a separate audio receiver or sound bar is to manually program the remote to the TV first, and then the audio system option appears. Please follow the on-screen instructions to complete the programming setup.
Upon successfully programming the remote to the TV, the user is presented with the audio option:
Is your Fios TV One or Mini connected through an audio receiver or sound bar? > Yes > Select your receiver brand > Set up your (brand) receiver > Press OK to test > Did it work?
 ▶ Yes, it worked (successfully programmed)
 ▶ I can't find my TV's model number
 ▶ Enter model number

View solution in original post

Simmdogg
Enthusiast - Level 1

Currently the only way to access the ability to program a separate audio receiver or sound bar is to manually program the remote to the TV first, and then the audio system option appears. Please follow the on-screen instructions to complete the programming setup.
Upon successfully programming the remote to the TV, the user is presented with the audio option:
Is your Fios TV One or Mini connected through an audio receiver or sound bar? > Yes > Select your receiver brand > Set up your (brand) receiver > Press OK to test > Did it work?
 ▶ Yes, it worked (successfully programmed)
 ▶ I can't find my TV's model number
 ▶ Enter model number

CharlesXavier
Enthusiast - Level 1

My remote automatically paired with my tv and was never given this option. I thought upgrading to Fios one would allow me to stop having to use the infrared universal remote. Comcast and Cox automatically synced with my Vizo Soundbar. Why is Fios so far behind them?!? Any suggestions would be appreciated!

ihatecable
Enthusiast - Level 1

I'm in a simlar situation where the cable installer, while very helpful overall, setup the remote to the tv but did not setup the remote to my soundbar nor did they mention that I would have any difficulty doing so later.  Is there really no other way to program the remote other than to start from scratch? smh

0 Likes
Evelyn
Enthusiast - Level 1

Same problem here.  I have a Bose soundbar connected via optical cable.  Never received the option when setting up my remote. It would be great if someone posted instructions on how to do this after the fact.  

clem21
Community Leader
Community Leader

Not sure if you can do it after the fact, but to manually program your remote go to settings, Voice Control, Fios tv Voice Remote, Program Fios TV Voice Remote, Manual setup. You should be able to select your devices there. Dont forget to reboot the box when you are done.

Gapsjoy1

What does "reboot the box" mean?

0 Likes
Letyak
Enthusiast - Level 1

Did you ever figure this out?

0 Likes
Karlemann
Enthusiast - Level 2

Tried all of above, used manual, put in TV (Samsung and Model number) followed all the prompts, rebooted the Cable Box, but Volume still does not work, stays at 30. Cannot be turned down . Or Mute either. This is a NEW Voice Verizon remote.

0 Likes
Karlemann
Enthusiast - Level 2

I the latest FIOS box it means depressing the round button on top, the ONLY button actually.

0 Likes