Quantum TV Playback, Pause, but Resume is not an option
katurango

I thought it was me . . . forgetting to hit pause but I paid close attention and this is what keeps happening.

Play a recorded show, hit pause, leave the room for a period of time, I come back and try to resume watching the same show but resume is not an option I only have play, delete, and whatever the 3rd option is. I am not even changing TV. This didn't happen with the multiroom DVR, why is it happenening with my new Quantum setup?

0 Likes
Re: Quantum TV Playback, Pause, but Resume is not an option
TomH121
Community Leader
Community Leader

NOT PRESENTLY AN OWNER BUT FOUND THIS HOPE IT HELPS

IPC 1100 Manual Advanced IP Client STB

http://www.verizon.com/cs/groups/public/documents/adacct/ipc1100_installation_manual-s.pdf

from Pg 3 of IPC 1100 Manual:

Features

Tuners

• The IPC1100 uses MoCA to communicate to the VMS1100 Gateway. Audio and video content, as

well as entitlement messaging, are delivered over MoCA.

Standard Audio/Video Features

• Digital video scaling (picture in graphics)

• Macrovision®

copy protection

• High-Definition video output through:

ο HDMI (also compatible with DVI using an HDMI-to-DVI converter cable)

ο Component Video (YPbPr)

• Standard-Definition video output through:

ο Baseband (Composite)

ο RF

• Audio output through:

ο Digital audio (S/PDIF) ATSC standard Dolby Digital optical

ο Baseband L/R

Standard DVR Functionality (Only available when connected to the VMS1100)

• DVR functionality integrated with the IPG enables subscribers to:

Pause, rewind, fast-forward, or record live TV

ο Maintain a personal recorded program library and access it using the IPG

ο Select programs to record across multiple channels and time slots

ο Rewind and replay recorded programs

ο Simultaneously watch two programs, switching easily between them using the swap key

(Dependent upon program guide support and provided remote control)

ο Record a program in the background while viewing another live program

ο Simultaneously record programs from two channels while watching a different pre-recorded

program, with the ability to switch viewing between any of the three programs

ARRIS cannot guarantee the exact amount of programming that each subscriber will be able to record.

The approximate time depends on the programming type and the drive size:

0 Likes
Justin46
Legend

@katurango wrote:

I thought it was me . . . forgetting to hit pause but I paid close attention and this is what keeps happening.

Play a recorded show, hit pause, leave the room for a period of time, I come back and try to resume watching the same show but resume is not an option I only have play, delete, and whatever the 3rd option is. I am not even changing TV. This didn't happen with the multiroom DVR, why is it happenening with my new Quantum setup?

From your description it seems you have a procedural problem, not a Quantum TV problem.

If you hit Pause, then all you do is hit Resume on the remote (the right arrow top part of the rocker button that is on the same button with Pause). If instead you hit the Stop button, then when you come back you see a list of options and choose Resume from the list.

This works the same for me on Quantum as it did on my prior multi-room DVR setup.

Have I misunderstood what you are seeing/doing?

Keller, TX 76248 (VHO 1)

0 Likes
katurango

If the DVR was still in the PAUSE position I would hit the RESUME button. This happens when the TV has reverted back to the last channel I was watching.

I have paused recorded show on the VMS (not the IPC) I come back to continue to watch show, TV is no longer on recorded show but on LIVE TV . . .

So I hit the DVR button on remote, scroll down to my show, hit OK button and RESUME PLAYING is not an option, so I have to hit PLAY and fast forward to find where I left off.

This has not just happened once or twice but at least 20 times. HELP!

0 Likes
Justin46
Legend

@katurango wrote:

If the DVR was still in the PAUSE position I would hit the RESUME button. This happens when the TV has reverted back to the last channel I was watching.

I have paused recorded show on the VMS (not the IPC) I come back to continue to watch show, TV is no longer on recorded show but on LIVE TV . . .

So I hit the DVR button on remote, scroll down to my show, hit OK button and RESUME PLAYING is not an option, so I have to hit PLAY and fast forward to find where I left off.

This has not just happened once or twice but at least 20 times. HELP!

If you had described EXACTLY the procedure you are using, then I would not have wasted my time with my response. Smiley Mad

A quick and easy circumvention is to ALWAYS use the Stop button, NEVER the Pause button. That way you will ALWAYS get the option to resume (at least I do).

If however, you insist on using the Pause button, then all should work unless the actual pause time interval exceeds the time-out limit. I think the limit used to be 15 minutes or so on my DVR, I thought it was the same for VMS but I have never tested it, and I am not going to waste more time verifying it. BUT, if you do use Pause and now the program is back to live TV, restart the recording at the beginning and use the Chaptering function to quickly get to approximately where you were when you paused it, no need to use fast forward except maybe for the last little bit. You will probably need to turn Program Chaptering on in the Settings first if you have never done so. By the way, Chaptering is not new, it was available on the old DVR too.

Good luck!

Keller, TX 76248 (VHO 1)

0 Likes
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

I beleive that chaptering is only available for a show that has completed recording (not one that is currently in progress that you started watching after recording started).

0 Likes
Justin46
Legend

@CRobGauth wrote:

I beleive that chaptering is only available for a show that has completed recording (not one that is currently in progress that you started watching after recording started).

You are correct, I should have said that. But I am assuming from his posts that he is watching a previously recorded program, not one currently being recorded. But of course I could be wrong.....

Thanks for the clarification.

Keller, TX 76248 (VHO 1)

0 Likes