Quantum VMS live TV pause issue
squibbydog
Enthusiast - Level 2

Have this happen all of the time:

While watching live TV, hit the pause button.  

After pausing for a few minutes or more, hit play.

Playback continues from where it was paused.

Commercial comes on, hit the skip button.

Playback goes back to live TV, rather than skipping ahead 1 minute.

0 Likes
Re: Quantum VMS live TV pause issue
Justin46
Legend

@squibbydog wrote:

Have this happen all of the time:

While watching live TV, hit the pause button.  

After pausing for a few minutes or more, hit play.

Playback continues from where it was paused.

Commercial comes on, hit the skip button.

Playback goes back to live TV, rather than skipping ahead 1 minute.

I have tried multiple times to reproduce your problem on my VMS and cannot. I do what you are saying frequently, although I normally switch to another channel after pausing the first one. When I come back, as you said, it is where I paused it, but after I begin watching I can then use the Next button on the remote to skip forward over commercials or the program content itself without going to live TV. Of course at some point I might catch up with live TV, and I can always use the big FiOS TV button to move immediately to live TV.

Which button are you actually hitting to move forward? On my remote the correct key is labeled Next (I have the Verizon P265 remote).

Sorry I can't help.

Keller, TX 76248 (VHO 1)

0 Likes
squibbydog
Enthusiast - Level 2

Justin, I am using the button that is labeled "Next".  It happens on both of the VMS DVRs, and it happens every time.  It's definitely not an intermittent issue here.

As long as I pause live TV for more than about 5-10 minutes, then start playing again and try to jump forward, it goes forward just as if I have hit the "FiOS TV" round button.

0 Likes
Justin46
Legend

@squibbydog wrote:

Justin, I am using the button that is labeled "Next".  It happens on both of the VMS DVRs, and it happens every time.  It's definitely not an intermittent issue here.

As long as I pause live TV for more than about 5-10 minutes, then start playing again and try to jump forward, it goes forward just as if I have hit the "FiOS TV" round button.

I just ran a longer test, same results. I have not tried this on a client, I don't know if it will act the same way or not.

On VMS, paused channel 594 at 1:27 cdt, let it sit until 1:44 cdt (approx. 17 minutes), then pressed the Play button. I could see on the timeline bar that it resumed right where it was when I paused it. I then repeatedly used the Next button to jump forward in the program, when I stopped a jump it resumed right where it should have, not at the live TV point. I did this over and over until I got to live TV.

So mine seems to "work as designed." I have no clue why yours would not. Hopefully some others will chime in with their experience see whether or not what you are seeing is common with VMS.

Keller, TX 76248 (VHO 1)

0 Likes
Kshcolo
Having the same issue. Very frustrating. Hope to see a fix soon.
0 Likes
Kshcolo
Update: realized that I had not updated my Logitech Harmony 700 remote. I assumed the buttons were programmed the same since it was functioning with the new Arris STB. Reprogrammed and issue solved.
0 Likes
squibbydog
Enthusiast - Level 2

This gets me to wondering if the issue might be with my remote.  I'm using one of the older Phillips RC 1445301 4 button remotes, as it controls more than 2 devices.  I'll experiment using one of the 2 button Phillips 265 remotes and see what happens.

0 Likes