Question about Fios Quantum DVR service
agangopa
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hello:

I have a question about changing Fios quantum DVR service.  I currently have a three room DVR service and I am paying about $28 for the DVR and about $22 for the so called enhanced quantum service, i.e., a total of $50 per month just for the equipment, which is too much to pay for the DVR.  I am also dissatisfied with the DVR itself.  It is unresponsive and slow, my toddler son’s toys probably have better hardware than the DVR from Fios.  So I am thinking of moving to TIVO and want to return the DVR and get a cable card.  When I called Verizon to find out how to go about the getting the cable card, I was told by the rep that to keep the service I have to keep at least one cable box even if I am not going to use it and was unsure about the $22 enhanced service fee.  She seemed to suggest that I would still have to pay that fee, which left me completely confused.  I am hoping that someone can help me with these two questions so that next time I call Verizon I will be better informed.

First, is she correct that I have to keep at least one cable box to keep the service?  Why can’t I return the DVR and the two satellite boxes and just use the cable card with TIVO?

Second, is she right that I will have to keep paying $22 for the enhanced quantum service regardless of the fact that I am not using Fios DVR?

It is distressing that I couldn’t get a straight answer to these questions, which to me seems to be very straightforward.  I would very much appreciate any help.

Thanks in advance.

0 Likes
Re: Question about Fios Quantum DVR service
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

People have been told they need to have a cable box with cable card.

Easiest way to do it is to order cable card.

After you have it up and running, go online to remove hardware and send everything else back.

0 Likes
Re: Question about Fios Quantum DVR service
agangopa
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thank you.  I appreciate your help.

0 Likes