"Connectivity Test failed" ugh...
Mtwharton
Hey all, trying to add new STB to upstairs room and can't seem to pass connectivity test. Tried all the things it said to do multiple times.... What am I doing wrong?
0 Likes
Re: "Connectivity Test failed" ugh...
Justin46
Legend

@Mtwharton wrote:
Hey all, trying to add new STB to upstairs room and can't seem to pass connectivity test. Tried all the things it said to do multiple times.... What am I doing wrong?

Seems to me the simplest thing to do would be to take a working STB up there temporarily and connect it, if it works the new STB is bad, if it doesn't you have a cabling problem. And/or try the new box in a location where an existing box works.

Keller, TX 76248 (VHO 1)

0 Likes
Mtwharton
I'll try that and let you know what happens!! Thanks!
0 Likes
Mtwharton
That did not solve the problem.... Could it be that when we switched from Cox to Verizon they didn't turn on the outlets upstairs?.
0 Likes
Justin46
Legend

@Mtwharton wrote:
That did not solve the problem.... Could it be that when we switched from Cox to Verizon they didn't turn on the outlets upstairs?.

Assuming you took a working box up there and it didn't work in that location, then yes.

FiOS uses higher frequencies for some of its functions and the typical cable company splitter won't work with FiOS, so the Verizon installer typically has to replace the cable company splitter with a new one. Each of the coax cables needs to be connected to the splitter to work, but my experience is that the Verizon installers only install a splitter that will connect the number of STBs that have been ordered. So I think it is very likely that the coax upstairs is not currently connected to the splitter, and it is very possible that the installed splitter has no connectorports available (or maybe it does, I have no way to know).

Do you know where the splitter is, and can you get to it? If so I suggest you take a look and see if you find unconnected coax cables nearby, and whether the splitter has available ports(s). If there are unused ports on the splitter then just connect the coax and you should be good. But the way you phased your statements about "outlets" it could be that there are multiple coax cables that are not connected, and you will need to decide how many and which one(s) you want to connect, and whether you have available ports on the splitter. If enough ports are not available then you will need to get a new splitter, they are easily available on the internet, or maybe you can flag down a Verizon truck and get one free.

Take a look and see what you have, and let us know.

Keller, TX 76248 (VHO 1)

0 Likes
Mtwharton
Thank you Justin!, I will!
0 Likes