Receiver "Builds"
MikeT
Contributor - Level 1

Being new to FIOS, this morning while watching tv at 6:00 am, my HD box went blank.  After about one minute, the HD box lit up with a lot of lines, then "DL", then "FP" appeared.  Finally after about 5 minutes, the tv came on but the box was still rebooting.  When I went to another tv that has a STB box and tried turning it on, it went blank and turned off.  One hour later and all of the boxes were still not working correctly (when you turn off the tv, the box goes blank for about ten seconds, then the time returns).  Any way my questions are:

1.  Is there a typical time for verizon to push builds?  I guess that anytime is a bad time, but I would think that 2am would be a better time.

2.  Before verizon pushes a build, shouldn't there be a brief message flash on the bottom on the tv screen stating that the system will be shutting down?

3.  Did I in fact receive a build, or was it something else?  I should have tried to see if my internet connection was still there but I did not think of it.

Thanks,

Mike T.

Northern VA

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Receiver "Builds"
HenryFarpolo
Contributor - Level 2

I believe your area converted from build 1.5 to build 1.6 at about 6AM today. If you go into the menu, setttings, system info, you should see the 1.6. Verizon typically does their conversions in the early morning hours to minimize customer impact.

If your STB acts up after the conversion, reset it by unplugging it, wait a minute and plug it back in. Usually the conversion goes so fast, there is no need for a message. This new build fixes a number of issues and adds some additional functionality to the system.  

View solution in original post

0 Likes
HenryFarpolo
Contributor - Level 2

I believe your area converted from build 1.5 to build 1.6 at about 6AM today. If you go into the menu, setttings, system info, you should see the 1.6. Verizon typically does their conversions in the early morning hours to minimize customer impact.

If your STB acts up after the conversion, reset it by unplugging it, wait a minute and plug it back in. Usually the conversion goes so fast, there is no need for a message. This new build fixes a number of issues and adds some additional functionality to the system.  

0 Likes
MikeT
Contributor - Level 1

Thanks Henry.  I appreciate your response.

Mike....

0 Likes
Nate

Where can we get info on these pushes for our specific markets?  I would love to see a list of new features and a schedule of when they were added.  I too have experienced problems in the last 24 hrs in the Northern Va area, but I just assumed it was a new push that didn't go smoothly and would work itself out.  If I knew where to find a list, I wouldn't have to pester customer support.

0 Likes
matcarl
Master - Level 1
Verizon never lets anyone know when they will do an upgrade or post any list of what the upgrade included. The only way to tell is from these boards of other people posting it.
0 Likes
MikeT
Contributor - Level 1

I noticed a couple of things after this build:

1.  My favorites wern't lost but I had to reset the display settings.

2.  When the receiver box shuts off, the display goes blank for about five seconds, then the time shows.

3.  The receiver time is back in sync with the "atomic" clock.  It was one minute fast (those little things in life!).

Everything else seems to be the same.

0 Likes