recording on two tvs
suthwa

Can I record shows placing in the same time slot on two different tvs in my home while watching another channel?  If so, what equipment do I need from FIOS to do that?

0 Likes
Re: recording on two tvs
Keyboards
Master - Level 3

The FiOS DVR is capable of recording 2 shows at the same time while watching an already recorded show.  It can't record 2 and watch a 3rd live.  To do that you would need a second box (either DVR or not for the live show).  Keep in mind if they are being placed in the same location that any remote control commands will affect BOTH boxes (there are no "alternate" codes for the Moto boxes).

Not sure if that answers your question.

0 Likes
Hubrisnxs
Legend

the above info is pretty spot on,   keep in mind that while recording two shows, you can still watch pre-recorded content from the dvr or Video on demand.     

If you get an OTA antenna for about 30-40 bucks, you can hook it up and get to watch a local SD or local HD channel.  

0 Likes
Keyboards
Master - Level 3

@Hubrisnxs wrote:

the above info is pretty spot on,   keep in mind that while recording two shows, you can still watch pre-recorded content from the dvr or Video on demand.     

(emphasis added)

I believe that it is incorrect that you can record 2 shows AND watch a VOD as VOD requires one of the tuners.

Hubrisnxs
Legend

Yes you're right, I thought you could do VOD as well but it counts it as a tuner.    

So while you're recording two shows you can watch either of the two shows, or access the pre recorded programs on the DVR.  

learn something new everyday !

0 Likes