Remote not working on dvr but works on other boxes
jmich619

I have a Dvr box in the back of the house, It was working fine today earlier. I went back in the room and poof the remote dosent work on the box. It still works the tv. So I took it out to the other boxes in the house and it works fine on the other boxes.So I took both remotes from the other boxes and tried to use them on my dvr box. Again no response. the remote lights up when I press the button. Soooooo, I had recently switched the dvr box out for a new one. I have not sent it back yet so I have 2 working boxes. The issue I had last week was not box related so both boxes work fine. I tried swapping out the current box for the old box. Same thing,the remote will not work on it.Other remotes will not work on it yet this remote to the dvr box works every other box in the house. What happened? Did I lock the box somehow? or what can I do? The remote is working , just nt on the box in my room.Could it have to to with the signal being sent ot the box? I dont know its a mystery.

0 Likes
Re: Remote not working on dvr but works on other boxes
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

Do the controls on the front of the box work?

Have you tried a power reset of the box?

0 Likes
jmich619

yes power button on box works and arrow and ok buttons work fine.

0 Likes
jmich619

I took the box from the living room, both box and remote were working fine. Mov ed it to my room and now the remote will not operate the box, it wil manually operate, but no remotes are working boxes in this one room, how does that happen

0 Likes
Justin46
Legend

@jmich619 wrote:

I took the box from the living room, both box and remote were working fine. Mov ed it to my room and now the remote will not operate the box, it wil manually operate, but no remotes are working boxes in this one room, how does that happen

My guess would be IR interference from the TV.

Trying moving the STB away from the TV as far as you can, off the the side. Or if the STB is below the TV, try putting some kind of shield between the bottom of the TV and the STB. The objective here is to try to shield the IR sensor in the STB from any IR emitted from the TV.

IR interference from the TV is a known problem, there are lots of threads here on the Forums about this. Frequently this will occur if the TV is set to a very vivid video setting. But then again this issue frequently disappears after the TV has been on for some minutes.

Another possibility is IR interference from some other device in close proximity to the STB. So what other electronic devices are nearby?

Just a guess, but try moving or shielding the STB and see if there is a difference.

Keller, TX 76248 (VHO 1)

0 Likes
Telcoguru
Master - Level 1

Like Justin said it use to happen all the time with Panosinic TVs set to vivid picture.

0 Likes