Remote only stores aux equipment to turn off, not on...
bigyani

I can program the two separate Verizon remotes RC 144 5302/02B with my two different audio receivers, but they will not turn ON the devices once I turn them off with the remote.  The volume and mute buttons work, but this does me NO good to have to go and turn on the **bleep** receivers every time I go to watch television.

0 Likes
Re: Remote only stores aux equipment to turn off, not on...
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

Some equipment uses a different signal for off and on.  You probably need to look for another device code for the remote.

0 Likes
Hubrisnxs
Legend

you also need to look at the manual for the remote because you have to program the volume keys.

I am assuming your using the four button universal remote., so this would be what you would want to do.

OPTIONAL: Reprogram How the Channel, Volume and Power Keys Operate

THE VOLUME KEYS

VOL+

, VOL- and Mute always control the TV volume even when you are in STB or DVD modes. (However, the Volume Keys will always control the AUX device when in AUX mode.) This is the way most people will want the remote to work. However, you can change how the Volume Keys work.

If you always want the Volume Keys to control the AUX device …

Some people may want to always adjust the volume using their AUX device (typically a home theater receiver) regardless of the mode they are in.

1. Press and hold the

STB key.

2. While holding down the

STB key, press OK.

3. Release both keys. The Device Keys will blink twice.

4. Press

9 - 5 - 5. The STB key will blink twice.

5. Press

AUX. The AUX key will blink 3 times to indicate success in programming.

Note: To return to controlling the volume via the TV, press

TV in step 5. If you want to control the volume through any device (by pressing a Device Key, then a Volume Key), press OK in step 5. This will also control the volume of your STB in STB mode.

0 Likes
bigyani

Great to say I need more codes...but from where?  I already called Verizon and they gave me a bunch of codes, which I went over with them on the phone.  None of them turned off the aux on my Yamaha.  HOWEVER, out of the blue, I reprogrammed my LR equipment (AUX is a Denon) and it WORKED with a code I had used earlier.  So THAT remote is fine.  It's now just the Yamaha receiver in my bedroom.  It is not ancient, but around 5 years old, I believe.  So, same problem, but only with one remote.

0 Likes