02-13-2011 06:29 PM
remote: P265v1.1; tv: Samsung 320PX
The original tv remote has separate buttons for on and off. Is there any way to get the FIOS remote to both turn the tv on and off?
02-16-2011 06:22 AM - edited 02-16-2011 06:22 AM
<STB Power> Button Turns on TV and STB Your remote has separate power buttons for the TV and STB. You can program the key to turn on/off both your TV and STB at the same time.
1. Turn both your TV and STB on.
2. Press and hold the <OK> and 2 buttons together, then release both.
• The RED LED will blink twice and then stay on.
3. Press 9 – 7 – 7.
• The Red LED will blink twice and remain on.
4. Press STB .
• The RED LED will blink 3 times and then turn off.
5. Test that the key now turns on the TV and STB at the same time.
6. If you want to reset the remote so that the key controls Only the STB, follow the same steps as above but press <OK> in Step 4.
02-16-2011 09:00 AM - edited 02-16-2011 09:01 AM
Not the question the OP asked. Original question was how to get the remote to turn on AND off the TV as the specific TV set has seperate buttons for TV Power On and Power Off. Only suggestion is what was already stated - try other codes for the make and see if you can get the power button to do both functions (may not be possible if a different IR code is required for On and Off).
02-16-2011 09:50 AM - edited 02-16-2011 10:38 AM
the new remote control is not like the old one with multiple codes.
it has only one for samsung.
so he will need to try the manual configuration and go through all the codes.
Verizon P265 Remote
Instructions and Help for the Verizon P265 Remote
No remote code listed for my TV <~~~~~~~~~~~~~
If the new one won't work no matter what, then you'll just have to make a decision on how to use the tv. the FiOS remotes are garunteed to work the cable boxes, but not garunteed to work all the tv's out there. The older remote (which they don't offer for free anymore) may be able to do it, and you can try code 0729 with the newer samsung. It's about 14 bux with shipping and everything at www.verizon.com/fiosaccessories
or you can buy a harmony from the store (they are super sweet, and you wouldn't regret it)