Remotes
Mike1289

I just two days ago upgraded and installed the Fios One system it looks alot like Comcast X1 platform my question is has anyone figured out how to program the old  Fios remote to work on the new system?

Here is how you do it on Comcast X1 that I have at another residence where Fios is not available

Using an old Comcast remote with an X1 box.

I couldn't find how to do this anywhere on this forum so I figured I'd post it anyways. If you'd like to use an old remote (Grey with red OK button) to control your new X1 cable box (Mine is make Arris model mx011anm) follow these steps:

1) Hold the SETUP button until the indicator light blinks two times.
2) Enter 9 - 8 - 2. The indicator light will blink four times.

This unlocks your remote.

3) Hold the SETUP button until the indicator light blinks two times.
4) Enter the code 01982

This should make your old grey remote (That can control your TV, AV Receiver, and Cable Box) work with your new X1 receiver. The reason this is important to me is because the provided XR2 version U2 remote can only control your box and your TV. You do lose a little functionality with the old remote when interfacing with your X1 box compared to the provided remote but I feel the trade off is worth it for me.

I discovered all of this via Comcast's online chat feature with a tech support representative. 

any help would be greatly appriciated as you cannot use two voice remotes on the same box.

It would be neat to be able to do when two people are watching.

0 Likes
Re: Remotes
Edg1
Community Leader
Community Leader

I don’t understand your question the old remotes do control the new FiOS TV One boxes. 

0 Likes
Marg11

Can the xfinity x1 voice activated remote: XR11  be used/programmed to work with the new VZ TV1 system?

0 Likes
Edg1
Community Leader
Community Leader

No. You have to use Verizon remotes. 

0 Likes