renaming STB
docb2

At some point I was able to name my STBs for display on MyVerizon (master bedroom, kitchen, den) and I've just noticed that something got mixed up and my DVR is showing as "den" and the others as regular STBs, whereas the DVR is actually "master bedroom". For the life of me, I can't find a way to correct this error. It isn't a big deal I guess but just in case I do want to refer to a specific box, I want to make sure the labels are accurate. Any suggestions?

0 Likes
Re: renaming STB
lasagna
Community Leader
Community Leader

From the forums ... upper right corner, select MyVerizon and login to your account.   Once logged in, along the top, under "My Verizon Services", follow TV, and then "TV Listings"  (this just gets you to the right place).

Once the page that comes up along the left side you'll see a menu item "My Set Top Boxes".   Select that and you'll see a list off all your STB's and after each will be the option to "Change Name".

jk38m
Enthusiast - Level 2

And after that, there is no clear instruction on HOW to change the name.  People should give answers unless they KNOW that what they're saying actually works.  

0 Likes
Justin46
Legend

@jk38m wrote:

And after that, there is no clear instruction on HOW to change the name.  People should give answers unless they KNOW that what they're saying actually works.  

One of the problems with answering questions here is that Verizon continually changes the appearance of web pages...

Try this (as of right now, 2:12 pm CDT on 4/3/2011 Smiley Very Happy 😞

MyVerizon ==> TV icon ==> My STB ==> See Full List (at bottom of display of STBs) ==> Rename (in heading for each STB)

Does this help?

Keller, TX 76248