repeat showings, remote instructions
Douglas342

I watch shows that show the same new episode several times each week.  As a result, my DVR fills up with four or five of the same show!  How can I set my DVR so that it records only one showing?

Second, is there available online a complete guide to the DVR remote?  (I have only one TV and box.)

0 Likes
Re: repeat showings, remote instructions
Telcoguru
Master - Level 1

You can click the MENU button scroll down to HELP. Move over to HELP VIDEOS and move over and choose any video you would like to watch.

0 Likes
Re: repeat showings, remote instructions
Justin46
Legend

@Douglas342 wrote:

I watch shows that show the same new episode several times each week.  As a result, my DVR fills up with four or five of the same show!  How can I set my DVR so that it records only one showing?

Second, is there available online a complete guide to the DVR remote?  (I have only one TV and box.)

1) Unfortunately you probably can't. But you can try....

If you have not already done so, go to

Menu ==> DVR ==> Settings ==> Default Series Options ==>

and set the various options there the way you want them. If you are lucky this will fix your problem.

However, it is very likely that the above will not or has not fixed your problem. Verizon has a major problem IMHO with the Guide data, very frequently it just simply does not have the right info about new vs. repeat or unique episode descriptions. The information is provided by FYI Television Inc. to Verizon, and they appear to be the worst Guide data provider available. Many FiOS users have complained about this situation for a very long time, but to date nothing has been done as far as I know. Hopefully maybe the situation is getting better, but I still see lots of errors on the few channels I regularly watch.

2) I have never seen a "complete" guide to the remote. I think you are going to just have to learn by trial and error, and perhaps the videos mentioned by telcoguru will help. I have documented how some of the keys on the remote work in a document I put together on using FiOS favorites; you can find the document here if you are interested: Link

Hope the above helps a little bit.

Keller, TX 76248

0 Likes