Returned Set Top Boxes not falling off account
frankpf3

In preparation for IMG 1.9, I recently swapped out two 6200 set top boxes for two newer 7100-P2 boxes at my local Fios store in Hauppauge, NY. The returned 6200 set top boxes are still showing up in Fios TV Central and also showed up under my latest bill. What's funny is in the Verizon in home agent and in the IMG, my STB setup is correct. I currently only have one DVR, two 7100-P2, and a digital adapter.

Could anyone advise on how I can get the returned set top boxes removed from my account and my bill fixed? I still have the return receipt from the Fios store showing that they were returned in good condition.

Any information is appreciated!

Thank you.

0 Likes
Re: Returned Set Top Boxes not falling off account
Hubrisnxs
Legend

did you return em to the store?  in the mail?    did you get a receipt?  

0 Likes
frankpf3

It was returned to my local Fios store, an even swap of two 6200 for two 7100-P2. Yes I do have a return receipt.

0 Likes
Hubrisnxs
Legend

good deal, always get a receipt with box returns.   I would call billing and or go back to the store and let them know.   have the receipt handy and the receipt number.    others have had good luck with calling and having them removed as of the date of the receipt.  

Basically someone at the store didn't check it in properly. 

0 Likes
mcorbo
Contributor - Level 2

WHen I did my swap at the store in Paramus, NJ, I was told that it would be removed from my acount after they send it vis UPS to the main processing center.  It took about a week before it disappeared from my account.

0 Likes
frankpf3

They should have fallen off by now, don't know why.

0 Likes
prisaz
Legend

@mcorbo wrote:

WHen I did my swap at the store in Paramus, NJ, I was told that it would be removed from my account after they send it vis UPS to the main processing center.  It took about a week before it disappeared from my account.

Sounds like what they meant to say is the person did not process them correctly and when they show up somewhere they will come off your account. I would complain to billing in regards to your receipt. Provide the information and insist they be removed as of the date on the receipt.

0 Likes
Nickyboy4

I have the same exact issue, this past Sat I swapped a DVR and 3 SD STB for a new 7232 DVR and 3 HD STB.  The old DVR does not show in "MY TV" web site any longer but the 3 SD STB are still there right after the new ones?  I do have a receipt, should I call support?  I can only call at night or weekends, when might be the best time?

0 Likes
Nickyboy4

Now in todays mail I get a shipping box to return my DVR which I already returned at the store.  I hope this does not turn into a nightmare.

0 Likes