Re: New Fios Guide
Customerin11552
Enthusiast - Level 2

I just spoke to someone at Verizon. This change is not an option. Just have to keep complaining. It is totally ridiculous and makes no sense. Whoever approved this change should be fired.

Re: Sept 2020 Fios DVR and Guide Update
Customerin11552
Enthusiast - Level 2

Keep spreading how bad it is and maybe they will change back.  First time since I switched to Verizon 7 years ago I am considering switching back to Optimum.

msb01904
Enthusiast - Level 1

i dont like cuz tooo small see channel and color to dark  very very dispoist about not happy please fix it need big size font and channel like kind blind 

Re: New Fios Guide
Customerin11552
Enthusiast - Level 2

No option, take it or leave it.

0 Likes
Bitty11
Enthusiast - Level 1

Fios did not take into consideration older viewers.  The new TV guide is much too small of a print.  Unless some of us are actually sitting up close to the tv, it’s impossible for us to see what the channels are.

FWEhr
Contributor - Level 1

Sigh. Where to begin? I know where!! The dread that swept over me when I got the feckless email about this forced rollout. "New stuff" from Verizon is almost never a good thing. But to be more specific:

1. With playback paused, green OK button used to show (a) current position within recording and (b) current clock time. Now instead it is interpreted as Play. I do know where the Play button is and don't need a second one. And current time has been eliminated.

2. When recording is paused, the bottom third of the screen is taken over by crap that was always available via the Info button. And "suggestions" for what else to watch. Verizon, even if we shared a house you would know not at all what I am interested in, so don't insult me by pretending.

3. How much did you pay your crack team of developers to show "--> 30secs" in the middle of the screen? Did your exhaustive research reveal that your customers are so addled they cannot remember the skip forward interval they chose 5 years ago?

4. On both items 1 and 2, I want the dwell time to be 3 seconds or less. Do you know better?

I suspect there will be more mistakes revealed. And yes I get it, we like to complain. But VERIZON, the STB UI was NOT broken and you have certainly not fixed it.

southsgt
Enthusiast - Level 1

Fios ruined a perfectly fine , easy to read and navigate TV guide. Why in the hell did they do that and not even give us the option to keep version we loved. I miss and needed the colors for easier navigation. This present system, plain and simple...bad. They also took away our OK wheel functions that allowed for easy CC access and deleting recordings and jump to live feature. And u cant even view present channel video while in this annoying new guide version. 

kb3331
Enthusiast - Level 1

I agree with ALL these posts!!!!   Everything is so slower.  Hate the guide as I also used the colors to search for shows.  Looks like I'll be switching to xfinity.

franfio
Enthusiast - Level 1

hate this new guide also!!! bring back the old guide!

dman41
Enthusiast - Level 2

Ridiculous that when a company like Verizon undertakes a project like this, they don’t review existing features and make sure they’re not eliminating them and that they’re actually making improvements.  I miss the color coded guide, where I could quickly see which channels were showing sports and which were showing movies, etc.