Re: New Fios Guide
clem21
Community Leader
Community Leader

All I can say is Fios IS aware of this thread, and people are reading it. What will happen I can't even speculate about. I too am waiting to hear what might be done, so hold on, your voices are being heard.

Re: Sept 2020 Fios DVR and Guide Update
FWEhr
Contributor - Level 1

More notes on the dumpster fire that is this new STB software. [context: STB = VMS1100]

1. Response times to button pushes are usually twice as long as previous release.

2. Pushing the round green OK (for example to see remaining time on a recorded program) sometimes performs the STOP (black square) action instead. I kid you not.

3. Popup displays obscure more of the actual program (about 40%) and now are littered with absolutely useless content.

a. Attachment "Verizon STB blunder-1" is result of pressing OK. Is the Verizon brain trust unaware that this STB has a full-function remote, with dedicated keys for CC, Pause, etc? Or that the other actions displayed are rarely used? And don't insult me with "See what's on" when I'm viewing a program I decided to record.

b. Pressing Info key gives this junky display (Verizon STB blunder-2): At least part of program title is displayed (unlike in (a)), but then upcoming programs on same channel. Hello! I know how to use my Favorites button.

My takeaway:

- UI/UX testing: None

- Performance metrics and conformance: None

- Respect for customers: Hah.

imageimage
dmc-mdc
Enthusiast - Level 2

This update is terrible.  Change it back please. 

Feats
Enthusiast - Level 1

Completely agree. New format stinks. Also removed about to jump ahead 90 min in guide

ArlDave
Enthusiast - Level 1

I agree with the negative feedback on the new software. It really seems to be inferior to the old guide in every way. I can't imagine why Verizon would spend money to degrade our service like this. Please change back! 

Sept 2020 Fios DVR and Guide Update
mfidelman1
Enthusiast - Level 2

For what it's worth, I find myself using the FIOS smartphone app, as a remote control, a lot more.

0 Likes
Re: Email about FIOS TV Being Updated
Hevinsgirl

I don’t like this recent update. It is not better.

0 Likes
mets181
Enthusiast - Level 1

Totally agree.  I can't think of one positive to this update.

eemd
Enthusiast - Level 1

Text is too small in guide and info bars, even in standard def.  Display fewer rows to allot space for larger text.

Restore chaptering.  Disabling it was the worst mistake.  The DVR help option says chaptering is still available, but there is no option to enable it.

The B/W guide is not as convenient as the color coded one was.

The "poster" in the upper left of the guide is useless.  Return that box to live tv so the current program can still be visually followed while using the guide.

The skip right button used to shift by a whole page width in the guide, now it does nothing.

In short, the previous software was very good.  It was the reason I switched from Optimum.  You ruined it.  Instead of trying to ram it down the throats of users, or say they'll get used to it, roll it back.  You tried to fix a nonexistent problem, and ruined the experience, instead.  There are so many poor features that trying to fix them individually is a waste of time.  Just dig out the old software and reinstall it to rollback this disaster of an upgrade.

Obviously, many, many users feel as I do.  The IT guys who pitched this "upgrade" to management, as a good idea, should have the decency to admit their errors and roll it back, or be replaced.  Come on Verizon Management.  Do your job and comply with this public outcry.

Re: New Fios Guide
Jamzmom
Enthusiast - Level 1

Agreed with everything! I created an account just to post to this thread and hopefully be notified when this awful update is removed