Set top box keeps rebooting
pghphil
Enthusiast - Level 1

Work up this morning to find one of my set top boxes constantly rebooting.  It reads 8.88.88 and then shuts off and starts again with the 8's.  I unplugged the box for a couple of minutes and no change in the box after it is plugged back in.

Re: Problem with Fios, TV shuts off and then back on while watching a show.
dthela
Enthusiast - Level 3

Box shuts down 8888 then you have to turn it back on and wait for download EVERY 15 minutes!

0 Likes
Re: Set top box keeps rebooting
Ken_N

I am having the same issue. All HD boxes in my home are continuously rebooting...

0 Likes
Re: Set Top Box Keeps Rebooting On Its Own
JimKatsios13

I am having the same problems with all of my STBs. If I access the guide and try to scroll up or down that STB will reset. Sometimes it occurs the first time I hit the channel up or channels down button, sometimes the second or third time, but any HD STB, regardless of whether is a DVR or not go through this. If I don’t channel surf then it seems to be okay, but as soon as I try to scroll up or down, the reset begins. Extremely frustrating and now on hold for 35 minutes on top of it all. Just great!

0 Likes
Re: Set top box keeps rebooting
Machomer

Same here. Just started this evening. Unplugged the box for about 5 minutes, but the endless rebooting continues. 

0 Likes
Tbh143

This is also happening to me. I hit the guide button or up and down in the guide and the box reboots. Just started tonight. Wasn't sure if it was remote but tried another and it still happened. Weird one. Checked to make sure all the cords we're sucure and they are fine.

0 Likes
all my settop boxes keeps rebooting when i change the channel
pdubbb1

my settop boxes keep rebooting when i use the guide.  been happenening for the past 30 minutes

0 Likes
pdubbb1

happening to me too

0 Likes
DVR BOX REBOOT
njnj

July 11, 9 pm EST, DVR box keeps rebooting over and over, tried unplugging, restarting as website suggested, didn't work. Current wait time for customer support on the phone is reported at between 4 and 6 hours. Chat support apears to be overloaded and isn't taking new customers. Anyone else experiencing this? 

0 Likes
fransley

As soon as I try to scroll through the guide my box reboots. Has anyone gotten an answer from Verizon? 

0 Likes