Re: Set Top Box Keeps Rebooting On Its Own
lkw1
Enthusiast - Level 1

Same problem on my dvr tonight.    I've been on the fence about dropping verizon, this is pushing me over, the fact people can't even get customer service.  They keep providing less, with no decreases in rates.  First they discontinue providing email and port us over to AOL (which was bought by them but mind you, they get out of "supporting" it unless you pay a monthly support fee. to AOL.   I let my accounts go to AOL for a while thinking I'd transfer to something else when I had time, but low and behold, no cancel button, just a note that they're working on it, but never showed up.  I actually had to file a complaint with the FCC, because without paying support, you can't even call them, and someone from AOL/Verizon then contacted me about the complaint and cancelled my emails.  I also just recently got a letter they were taking away cinemax and it would be available at an additional cost now.  Now these problems and everything I'm reading here, hello Direct Tv.  If you're a Costco member, they have a good Direct Tv deal.

Re: Set top box keeps rebooting
Scottman11

Same thing here on both boxes whenever I hit the favorites button or the guide on the remote. So annoying.

0 Likes
Tbh143

I'm think of cutting it all to get expect for internet and just use streaming services like Netflix and Amazon.

0 Likes
njmacuser1

It's happening to me also.  Whenever I bring up the guide to choose a channel, the DVR reboots.  No wonder the online chat is too busy to respond.

0 Likes
Re: DVR BOX REBOOT
njmacuser1

It started happening to us also tonight.  They must have pushed out a poorly tested upgrade.

0 Likes
PAPPY20
Enthusiast - Level 1

I'm having the same problem............rebooted 6 times in last hour. I give up.

0 Likes
Re: DVR BOX REBOOT
Ted31

I am in agreement with these folks. my box started rebooting everytime I changed channels or accessed the guide or both. It started around 9pm EST july 11th, 2018. If I stay on one channel, I am fine. As soon as I change a channel, the whole device reboots itself. I would call this an outage---hence the lines all full and wait times are 4-6 hours. Verizon should announce this as an issue with updates every 2 hours to keep their customers posted. I guess it is Netflix tonight.

0 Likes
fransley

I'm in Levittown, think it's regional?

0 Likes
JimKatsios13

One hour and 36 minutes and no end in sight!  My first call tomorrow is to Comcast. The fact that Verizon thinks it’s okay to have such extreme hold times with no response is just unreal. Where’s my escalation to a live body?  This sucks

0 Likes
sirtag
Enthusiast - Level 2

From @VerizonSupport RE: STB Reboot Issue (in Doylestown) . . .

"There is an issue that we are working on. We hope to have it straightened out as quickly as possible. ^RMD"

0 Likes