Severe pixelation
rasampson
Enthusiast - Level 2

We are having severe pixelation problems in the boston area, Norfolk, MA.  I have tried everything like the menu customer support diagnostics, rebooting all STBs and replacing all the spitters and cables.  I have also cold booted the ONT.  Nothing works.  I cannot get in touch by phone with Verizon FIOS TV customer support.  The live chat is useless for this type of problem.  Anyone else having this kind of problem???  My neighbors are all having this same problem.

0 Likes
Re: Severe pixelation
raynmanas

we are also in Norfolk, MA, and have been having the same problem for about a week.  i've tried all manners of resetting everything and removing/reconnecting all coax lines, but it only seems to be getting worse with time.

0 Likes
rasampson
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yesterday I called Verizon customer service and explained the situation including all the troubleshooting I have done.  The tech on the phone did some so called diagnostic testing and said the network in our area was not showing any problems.  He then tried rebooting the ONT unit remotely and then ran some tesing on that unit.  He said that the ONT was showing some error messages and that it may be the problem.  He said he could have a repair guy come out sometime yesterday (Friady 5/16/14) somewhere during the day up to 8 PM.  No one ever showed up.

I have gone to my account page on Verizon.com/repair and tried to see the status of my repair ticket but it never goes through all the way and always hangs up at 'please wait while we retiieve your account information".  I cannot even check the status of my repair ticket!!!!

I am completely disgusted with Verizon customer service.  They are REAl GOOD at apologizing for all the problems that we encounter but mostly flat out useless as to solving them.

I guess I will have to call them again on Monday and set up a new repair ticket.  That probably means we will have to wait a few days for an actual appointment.  4 to 5 more days without service that we are still paying big bucks for even during the outage time of 1 week plus 4 to 5 more days at least!

Our TV signal is all but unwatchable today, Saturday 5/17/14.  Constant pixelation and loss of sound.  If the sound did not stop we could deal with the loss of video intermittently but losing the sound is totally unacceptable.

Is anyone else having problems?  Lets all post to this forum and voice our disgust with Verizon TV service and customer service!!!

0 Likes
raynmanas

Verizon tech support is open on Saturdays.  I called them this morning and talked to a tech as well (just got into the FiOS  TV tech support menu system, then mashed on 0 for a while until it transferred me to a person).  He said they did not have a report of a problem in our area.  I told him everything I did to try to fix it, he ran the usual diagnostics, and everything looked fine from their end - I had no errors on my ONT.  So he said he needed to send someone out, and the first options were Monday 8-5 or Wednesday 2-5.  I told him neither of those would work for me, so he put me on hold for a while and got it expedited, so now I have someone coming out here after 1pm tomorrow.

I am curious if you are in the Grove Street area at all?  I ask because he said a single OLT unit will serve a certain number of customers (156 I think?), so if we are both in the same area and having the same issues, it could be a problem at the OLT. 

Also, same problem here - it is unwatchable this morning.

0 Likes
rasampson
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yes, I am on Grove Street in norfolk, Just past Strawberry lane area as you drive towards Park Street. I will try to call customer support again.  Our reception is horrible this morning.

I am now on line with a tech and she is checking with dispatch to see if there is a proble in the area.  I'm not sure but I think she may have heard of other calls in this area for the same problem.  I told her that I have heard from several neighbors in my area that are having the same problem.  

What is an OLT.. I know what an ONT is but not an OLT.

Thanks.

0 Likes
raynmanas

Okay then it is very likely we are coming off the same OLT, and that is where the problem is.

I'll update here after the tech comes tomorrow.

0 Likes
rasampson
Enthusiast - Level 2

I spoke with a tech and she said that she called dispatch and supposedly they are looking for a neighbor hood network problem.  I hope that is true.  She told me that I will receive a message by text on my Iphone if and when the network problem is solved OR if a tech needs to come directly to my house if they do not find a network problem.

I will post if and when there is an update.

0 Likes
raynmanas

OLT = Optical Line Terminal.  I don't understand specifically how it works, but basically it routes the signal from the national Verizon network to indivividual customers from a central office.

0 Likes
Telcoguru
Master - Level 1

You probably have a bad PON card at the Central Office. No technician should even be required to come to your house.

0 Likes
rasampson
Enthusiast - Level 2

Today is Sunday 5/18/14.  Most of this morning there has been minimal pixelation.  It is now about 12 noon.  The pixelation has skyrocketed.  It is very intense and cannot be watched.

How is everyone else doing as on noon today as far as pixelation?

I have not heard anything from verizon so far despite being told yesterday by the tech on the phone that I would receive text messages keeping me updated.

0 Likes