Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.

Shows failed to delete causing DVR to be 100% full

Santanu
Copper Contributor
Copper Contributor

Shows failed to delete causing DVR to be 100% full

Message 1 of 3
(3,637 Views)
One of my DVRs stopped recording because it was 100%. Although all recording are set to "delete when space is needed", there were many shows which could have been deleted. Is this a defective DVR?
2 REPLIES 2
CRobGauth
Platinum Contributor III Platinum Contributor III
Platinum Contributor III

Re: Shows failed to delete causing DVR to be 100% full

Message 2 of 3
(3,596 Views)
Try powering the DVR off and back on. Not with the power switch, but use the power plug. Sometimes that will cause it to clear up space.

If a forum member gives an answer you like, give them the Kudos they deserve. If a member gives you the answer to your question, mark the answer as Accepted Solution so others can see the solution to the problem.
Keyboards
Gold Contributor VII
Gold Contributor VII

Re: Shows failed to delete causing DVR to be 100% full

Message 3 of 3
(3,569 Views)

@Santanu wrote:
One of my DVRs stopped recording because it was 100%. Although all recording are set to "delete when space is needed", there were many shows which could have been deleted. Is this a defective DVR?

Never tried testing the delete when space is needed - don't trust VZ firmware to do it correctly.  Don't know if that function ever worked.  I just manage the space such that I delete before reaching 100% (although I have come close).  Best bnet is to manually delete those recordings that you don't mind losing and it should record fine.

If a forum member gives an answer you like, give them the Kudos they deserve. If a member gives you the answer to your question, mark the answer as Accepted Solution so others can see the solution to the problem.
How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Have a spare Fios-G1100?Learn how to bridge it into your network
Get Started

Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.
Modal Dialogue Title