Slow remotes for Quantum TV
WOFM1
Enthusiast - Level 2

Anyone having trouble with response time of the Quantum remotes? Love the added DVR capacity and flexibility, but very aggravated by slow response times when using the remotes. It takes 2-3 seconds every time you try to use the guide or change channels or use menu commands, which gets very aggravating, very quickly. I could not find any threads on this topic, can't believe I am the only Quantum customer having this issue?

0 Likes
Re: Slow remotes for Quantum TV
Justin46
Legend

@WOFM wrote:

Anyone having trouble with response time of the Quantum remotes? Love the added DVR capacity and flexibility, but very aggravated by slow response times when using the remotes. It takes 2-3 seconds every time you try to use the guide or change channels or use menu commands, which gets very aggravating, very quickly. I could not find any threads on this topic, can't believe I am the only Quantum customer having this issue?

Well, when Quantum TV was first delivered to customers, yes it was slow. But with each update (there have been 4 I think, including the one this morning) all of the functions seem to have gotten a little faster. With the latest update I think the speed is pretty darn good, most functions now seem to take 1 second or less. And channel changing seems to be about 1/2 second most of the time.

Did you get the update this morning? But no matter whether you got the update or not, I suggest you pull the power plug and then start it up again and see if anything is improved. You might also try one or more of the Top Support Tools under Customr Suport, one of them might help the problem.

Sorry I can't provide any more assistance, as I said mine is working just fine today with the latest update.

Keller, TX 76248 (VHO 1)

WOFM1
Enthusiast - Level 2

This has been bugging us since we got Quantum and I waited this long to post a message, and wouldn't you know it, it looks like this morning's update did indeed make a big improvement. I kept waiting and waiting, as I had always hoped there would be eventual updates to address this issue. Still some slight hesitatation on some commands, but overall, definitely improved. Thanks for the heads up

0 Likes
Justin46
Legend

@WOFM wrote:

This has been bugging us since we got Quantum and I waited this long to post a message, and wouldn't you know it, it looks like this morning's update did indeed make a big improvement. I kept waiting and waiting, as I had always hoped there would be eventual updates to address this issue. Still some slight hesitatation on some commands, but overall, definitely improved. Thanks for the heads up

Glad to hear you have finally seen some improvement. Every once in a while a box, VMS or IFC, just seems to want to sit back, take a deep breath, and relax, before responding. I wish I had a clue what the boxes are doing when that happens, very irritating, but on the other hand thankfully it doesn't seem to happen too often.

Be sure to tell us any exciting new things you happen to find, or make us aware of any new issues you find. Unfortunately Verizon does not seem inclined to give us any details on what's new, what's fixed, what's coming, etc., so about all we can do is look around and see what we can find.

Good luck.

Keller, TX 76248 (VHO 1)

0 Likes
Telcoguru
Master - Level 1

You should have received a quantum stb update while you were sleeping last night. It was suppose to happen around 3am.

0 Likes
WOFM1
Enthusiast - Level 2

And apparently we did get an update, be nice to know when those are made, does Verizon post an announcement for those anywhere? Ideally they'd send us all an email, but guess that's too hard to do? ;>)

0 Likes
Justin46
Legend

@WOFM wrote:

And apparently we did get an update, be nice to know when those are made, does Verizon post an announcement for those anywhere? Ideally they'd send us all an email, but guess that's too hard to do? ;>)

Generally no. Very unfortunate, I think they could improve the customer experience quite a bit by keeping customers better informed, but for some reason they don't seem to think so.

But they sure can inundate us with emails to buy VOD, etc., can't they? Smiley Very Happy

Keller, TX 76248 (VHO 1)

0 Likes
jvmendoza
Enthusiast - Level 1

Has anyone seen the DVR playback issue where it takes 15-30 seconds for the video/recorded content to start playing? I've noticed this for a few weeks now. 

MDHAM
Enthusiast - Level 1
From my perspective this issue on the VMS1100 is not resolved as of 9/7/2014. Quantum was installed last week and have experienced response delays to remote control commands. For example this morning I was attempting to play a recorded show from the DVR. I pressed play on the remote and the TV went black for 35 seconds before the video started to play. Same problem experienced since install. Also have response issues when pressing record on the remote to record a show highlighted in the menu. Hope this is fixed in the next software release. When is the next software release?
0 Likes
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

@MDHAM wrote:
From my perspective this issue on the VMS1100 is not resolved as of 9/7/2014. Quantum was installed last week and have experienced response delays to remote control commands. For example this morning I was attempting to play a recorded show from the DVR. I pressed play on the remote and the TV went black for 35 seconds before the video started to play. Same problem experienced since install. Also have response issues when pressing record on the remote to record a show highlighted in the menu. Hope this is fixed in the next software release. When is the next software release?

The example mentioned is not a common problem for Quantum TV's.  Other problems such as slow response in the quide when out about a week are.

0 Likes