Soundbar won’t connect with Fios TV
TxNyGirl20
Enthusiast - Level 1

I recently purchased an iLive HD Bluetooth Sound Bar. I have fios TV and I am using it with a Toshiba Amazon Smart TV. The sound-bar successfully works when using apps on the smart tv like prime video, Netflix, and YouTube. However, when we go to cable and use the sound bar, the audio lags. I have the ability to connect the sound bar with an RCA audio cable or an optical cable, but when I used the optical cable, the sound worked only for the smart TV apps and not for fios. Not sure what to do at this point. 

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Soundbar won’t connect with Fios TV
clem21
MVP MVP
MVP

@TxNyGirl20 wrote:

I recently purchased an iLive HD Bluetooth Sound Bar. I have fios TV and I am using it with a Toshiba Amazon Smart TV. The sound-bar successfully works when using apps on the smart tv like prime video, Netflix, and YouTube. However, when we go to cable and use the sound bar, the audio lags. I have the ability to connect the sound bar with an RCA audio cable or an optical cable, but when I used the optical cable, the sound worked only for the smart TV apps and not for fios. Not sure what to do at this point. 

It would help to know which Fios box you have. Also is your TV capable of passing an HDMI audio stream through its optical out? Are you turning the speakers off in the TV? You could try using basic RCA cables from the Fios box to the soundbar,  then select the RCA input on the sound bar to hear TV audio. Also you say the audio is behind the video, not ahead as is more common. It's easy to correct audio ahead of video, difficult the other way around. Please post the model of the Fios box,  TV,  and soundbar if none of this works.

View solution in original post

clem21
MVP MVP
MVP

@TxNyGirl20 wrote:

It would help to know which Fios box you have. Also is your TV capable of passing an HDMI audio stream through its optical out? Are you turning the speakers off in the TV? You could try using basic RCA cables from the Fios box to the soundbar,  then select the RCA input on the sound bar to hear TV audio. Also you say the audio is behind the video, not ahead as is more common. It's easy to correct audio ahead of video, difficult the other way around. Please post the model of the Fios box,  TV,  and soundbar if none of this works.

TxNyGirl20
Enthusiast - Level 1

Thanks for your input.  We connected the soundbar to the tv using the optical cables.  the lag in audio went away.  Going forward, we will use the optical cable to use the soundbar.  Thanks again.