STB not updating w/moca adapter. No connection
junkforsale721
Enthusiast - Level 2

So after doing some searching on this forum I was able to get the moca adapter working. In the living room i have internet coming out of the moca adapter (motorola mm1000) ethernet cable. speed test confirms good internet. However after resetting verizon cable box it could not update or find internet connection. I even tried plugging ethernet cable in back. Not sure what to try next.  Setup is:

ONT>>>>Ethernet to my own modem/router>>>>Ethernet from LAN port to LAN port of verizion Actiontec modem.

ONT>>>>>Coax to Actiontec router>>>>Ethernet from LAN port to LAN port of my router.

In other room i have coax from wall outlet to network connector of motorola MM1000. Coax from device connector to STB. Ethernet cable has good internet.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: STB not updating w/moca adapter. No connection
Edg1
Community Leader
Community Leader

The “Device” port doesn’t pass MoCA. You need to first connect to a two-port splitter. Then one Out to the MoCA adapter and the other Out to the STB. 

View solution in original post

junkforsale721
Enthusiast - Level 2

basically getting the no data connectivity message. works fine except for no guide or on demand.

if a STB goes too long without an internet connection will i need to call verizon and have them try to reactivate it. 

Edg1
Community Leader
Community Leader

The “Device” port doesn’t pass MoCA. You need to first connect to a two-port splitter. Then one Out to the MoCA adapter and the other Out to the STB. 

junkforsale721
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thanks I will try a splitter from the wall. One going to stb and one to moca adapter. I just thought since the motorola mm1000 had a network connector and a device connector that i didn't need the splitter. but i will give it a try. tried resetting ONT last night. didn't help.

Edg1
Community Leader
Community Leader

No problem. The Device port on MoCA adapters have a range of 5-1000 MHz which is why the MoCA doesn't work at the STB. MoCA works in frequencies above 1000 MHz. 

junkforsale721
Enthusiast - Level 2

This resolved my issue. STB now has connection. Coax coming out of wall outlet in living room now goes to a splitter. one coax to stb and one coax to moca adapter. ethernet coming out of moca adapter has active internet.

Vicno1

This setup got me the closest but still no luck. I've got one coax coming out of the wall into a splitter then out of the splitter one and two the set top box and one into the adapter. The adapter has good ethernet. I have all three green lights but even after unplugging, restarting the set-top box I'm still unable to get TV. I get an error that says the channel is unavailable so no TV is coming through. I don't even know where to start next?

0 Likes
FlossRegularly1

Could you confirm that your STB is FULLY functional? I am eagerly awaiting your response. My next project during quarantine is to get off the Quantum router and use my own WIFI 6 router with a Moca Adapter set up to maintain my TV/DVR /On Demand and Gig Internet 

0 Likes
Jalopez3505

Did it work for you?

0 Likes