STB says I have no connectivity
jawes

4th time in 4 months that my TV says I have no data connectivity. Replaced/upgraded router. Service tech replaced outside box as well. Worked for a month then went back to no connectivity. IP address keeps going back to 0.0.0.0. Tried all online suggestions and online support were worthless to solve this issue. 

0 Likes
Re: STB says I have no connectivity
clem21
Community Leader
Community Leader

@jawes wrote:

4th time in 4 months that my TV says I have no data connectivity. Replaced/upgraded router. Service tech replaced outside box as well. Worked for a month then went back to no connectivity. IP address keeps going back to 0.0.0.0. Tried all online suggestions and online support were worthless to solve this issue. 

If I'm correct, there should be several green lights on the ONT. One is for the network signal. the other for data another for video, and one for power and pots(phone). You shouldn't see any red lights. This is the older ONT:

http://statuslights.com/verizon/optical-network-terminator.html

This is the new one:

http://statuslights.com/verizon/Verizon-FiOS-Alcatel-Lucent-i-211M-L-Gig-ONT.htm

Most of lights should be green on the new one except mgmt in most cases and pots unless you have bundled phone. If any are red, you have a problem with the incoming signal from the fiber, or a bad ONT. If all is well, check the status lights on the router and make sure they show a good signal too. I'd try powercycling the router first. Check all coax connections while you are at it. I'd also remove and reconnect all the ethernet plugs, just in case one is loose.

The Fios VMS boxes get their internet connectivity through the coax connection, the mini through coax, wifi or ethernet. So if it is the VMS that has no connection, look for an issue with the coax circuit. If the mini is the issue check whichever connection method you are using. If you are using  a mini on wifi, it is most likely a problem as they don't behave well that way. The router must also have coax and ethernet connectivity so make sure it has a good signal before any other troubleshooting.

0 Likes