Stream DVR Content to IPAD or Android Tablet
jumpin68ny
Master - Level 2

I read that VZ now offers the ability to stream content from my DVR to my IPAD or Android Tablet.    I dont have quantum, I have regular FIOS TV.  I don't see any options in the Fios Mobile App to watch this.

The App FAQ says I should.

Can anyone provide help on getting this to work?

Thanks, Jim

0 Likes
Re: Stream DVR Content to IPAD or Android Tablet
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

This only works with Quantum Hardware.

tropicaljam
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have the QUANTUM Hardware for over a year now and this streaming service only works partially. When I am home and my smart phone is connected to my home wifi I am now able to turn on my "FIOS Mobile" app and can see all my DVR recorded show and actually watch them. As soon as I leave my home wifi connection and go to work for example, I can only SEE the DVR listing but there is no longer a "play" buttom for me to playback the recordings. Similarly, when i'm at work and log on to any computer, again I can only SEE the recorded programs but can't actually watch them.

So Verizon is LYING to the public by making FALSE CLAIMS about their capability.  According to TV commercials, apparently Comcast (Xfinity) and Direct TV both have this capability.

In fairness to Verizon, my ability to watch DVR recordings even in my home is a fairly recent capability, within the past 4 weeks or so. I am still however receiving flyers in the mail from Verizon claming the ability to stream from tablets and smartphones from ANYWHERE. That is false.

0 Likes
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

Its not false.
I have it and it works fine.

There have been some issues.

My recomendation is to open up a trouble ticket under the help menu of the app.

Best to do it after you have tried it from work.
They wil ask you to attach the logs (button for it) when it is not working.

0 Likes
kalnat

HI - you need to be actually a subscriber to FIOS Quantum TV Package for this to work. If you have not explicitly subscribed or upgraded to FIOS Quantum TV this will not work.

You can check by logging into your verizon account onlne, under your TV Plan and Services, if FIOS Quantum TV Enhanced Services is listed as one of your plan features.

If it is not showing in your plan features then you likely do not have FIOS Quantum TV Service in your package and so you will not be able to stream recorded programs in your DVR on your IPAD

0 Likes
Nicknight

You told the previous person the app works fine with some glitches. It does not for many of us. It used to work for me on my android tablet then suddenly it does not. I called tech support and they said you have to be near a fios router. Also he said ABC is propriortory and you can't watch out of home. I was in my kitchen trying to watch a dvr program and that same error message came up and it would not open. The add does say anytime anywhere. NO not true. Nowhere in the add does it say you must have quantum, at least I haven't seen that said. Now having said that I just purchased an iphone and guess what, my dvr content is accessible. I have no choice but to watch it on that screen. "Truth in advertising?"

0 Likes
kh-gary
Moderator Emeritus

In order to keep discussion on the community current, this topic has been locked to prevent new replies. If you have a similar question or issue that you wish to discuss, then please feel free to post a new message on the most relevant board. Thanks!

0 Likes