Stream from DVR to PC ?
GeneL77
Enthusiast - Level 1

While I understand one can now stream from DVR to mobile device/tablet,  is it possible to stream from DVR to PC?

Tags (3)
0 Likes
Re: Stream from DVR to PC ?
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

Not that I know of.

My assumption is that they limit this because they can not pevent you from hoking PC up to TV and displaying there.

That would allow you to replace STBs.

It has been stated that rooted devices can stream. And I beleive the reason is that they couldn't prevent hooking device to TV.

0 Likes
HardCastle1

You will need the FIOS Mobile Apps and upgrade your Services to Quantumn FIOS.

The first problem is the FIOS Mobile Apps is only supported for iOS and Android devices and not for Windows.

My way to get around that is to install an Android emulator for PC.  I'm using Bluestack.  http://www.bluestacks.com/

Install that then run it.  From with in the emulator you can then download the FIOS Mobile Apps from Google Play and run it.

The second problem is to get apps to see the DVR.  Here i'm stuck.  My old DVR I had no issues managing it via verizon.net.  But, I just got upgraded to the Quantumn FIOS.  And I can not see the new DVR from the internet (ie. through login to verizon.net).  I think for me this part is a Verizon issue, or it could be it is a new install and it may resolve it self in a few day ... I'm still trying to get tech support to look into it.

Let me know if the emulator works for you.  Even better ... if you are able to Stream from the DVR.

Good Luck!

0 Likes
josh1925

Any word on this working? I have tried several emulators and they all say that I need to first be connected to my Fios router and I am but it doesn’t recognize it. Idk if this is a problem with the emulator or something Fios blocks on purpose

0 Likes
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

As this thread is now over two years old, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes