Unable to Watch Local Network Affiliate Channels on Laptop
angkor
Enthusiast - Level 1

I'm a new FIOS customer and am beginning to regret it for a number of reasons. I signed up for "Test Drive" for 60 days. Oddly, I'm unable to access a number of channels, centering on local network affiliates on my laptop (though no problem with my TV). I've run the troubleshooter, with no results. I'm putting off trying to phone Verizon support given the horror stories I've read about their dreadful service, or lack thereof.

Any insights and tips would be welcome.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Unable to Watch Local Network Affiliate Channels on Laptop
clem21
Community Leader
Community Leader

@angkor wrote:

I'm a new FIOS customer and am beginning to regret it for a number of reasons. I signed up for "Test Drive" for 60 days. Oddly, I'm unable to access a number of channels, centering on local network affiliates on my laptop (though no problem with my TV). I've run the troubleshooter, with no results. I'm putting off trying to phone Verizon support given the horror stories I've read about their dreadful service, or lack thereof.

Some providers consider viewing their channels on line as re-broadcast and won't allow it. I know CBS charges a monthly fee to watch their content on line.

View solution in original post

clem21
Community Leader
Community Leader

@angkor wrote:

Some providers consider viewing their channels on line as re-broadcast and won't allow it. I know CBS charges a monthly fee to watch their content on line.

Grappa
Enthusiast - Level 3

This is not a solution, it is an excuse.  Verizon, please stop advertising services you can't provide.  Thank you.

0 Likes
angkor
Enthusiast - Level 1

I previously was with Spectrum. I could watch all the same channels on my pc as I could on the tv. This inability plus a number of other annoying features makes me regret going with Verizon.

0 Likes
clem21
Community Leader
Community Leader

@angkor wrote:

I previously was with Spectrum. I could watch all the same channels on my pc as I could on the tv. This inability plus a number of other annoying features makes me regret going with Verizon.

Its all up to the contract the cable provider makes with the content provider. Nothing you can do as a user is going to change that other than changing providers as you said.