Using own router still can't get Guide data and VOD
oneman1

I've been using my own router for many years and never had problems.  Recently I started using a pfsense firewall and the STB started loosing guide data.

I have the pfsense router connected to the ONT via CAT6.  I also have a coax connection from the ONT to the Fios G1100 router.  I've connected the WAN port of the Fios-G1100 to my switch and I see the dhcp lease but I'm unable to access the Fios router MGMT interface over the WAN interface. 

ONT===>pfsense_router====>Gigabit_ethernet_switch<=====FIOS-G1100

I've made the pfsense_router interface IP address 192.168.1.1, the scope is set to 192.168.1.100<=>192.168.1.199.

I've reset the Fios-G1100 router and STB numerous times, still no luck.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks!

0 Likes
Re: Using own router still can't get Guide data and VOD
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

What is the IP range of the FiOS G1100 router? Make sure it doesn't match that of your pfSense router. Your pfSense router could be 192.168.1.1/24 while the G1100 uses 192.168.2.1/24.

I'd also make sure you can surf while connected behind the G1100. That's a better indication of whether the Set Top Boxes can get out to the network.

0 Likes
oneman1

I see the  STB leases on my pfsense dhcp server, so I assumed disabling DHCP on G1100 would take care of that.  Is DHCP on MOCA not disabled?  Maybe this is my issue...

0 Likes
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

Don't connect to wan port of G1100.
Use the lan port to make sure that pass through will work.

Also go in and disable DHCP on G1100

0 Likes
oneman1

Connecting to LAN port of the G1100 instead of the WAN port doesn't work because the G1100 has NO default GW configured and the STBs aren't able to download guide data. I tested this using the ping utility.  After I added a route for 8.8.8.8 pointing to my pfsense router I was able to ping. Is there any way to add a default gateway to the G1100?  It doesn't accept 0.0.0.0/32 as a valid route. 

0 Likes