Verizon claims I didn't return equipment.
ifgshooter

I recently canceled my FIOS due to moving to an area without FIOS service.  Returned all my equipment via the UPS Store and got a receipts showing that it was shipped and received without issue. I returned my receiver, remote, cables, router, and the wall mountedbattery unit (due to my old landlord not wanting it in the unit after I moved out). It weighed 19.8lbs, more than the 12lbs as per the label. Verizon sent me an e-mail stating that some, not all equipment was returned. I don't want to call Verizon directly due to the hours of run around I get on the phone from them, without them being being unable or unwilling to help me. I work 6 days a week and don't have the time to spend on the phone with them without any resolution. I refuse to pay for something that I returned to them in good faith. HELP.

0 Likes
Re: Verizon claims I didn't return equipment.
ifgshooter

Upon further research, I've noticed that this is an ongoing issue with Verizon according to these forums. Am I gonna be out of luck and have to eat it, or will they be able to help me. I hope an agent sees this and can help me ASAP. I've only got till September 7th to "return" the alleged missing equipment before they charge me $550.

0 Likes
Re: Verizon claims I didn't return equipment.
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi ifgshooter,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you. Please go to your profile page for the forum and look at the top of the middle column where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.

Under "My Support Cases" you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe". Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes