Video On Demand Pixelated Screen Issues
schwarze2006
Enthusiast - Level 2

My Fios TV video/audio is fine on Live TV and on recorded DVR shows (both HD and SD channels).  When I attempt to use Video on Demand, the images/sound are pixelated.  If I rewind the program, the quality is fine until the point where I started the rewind.  Then the pixelating issue returns until I rewind again.  This occurs with both SD and HD programs at various times of the day.  Any ideas?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Video On Demand Pixelated Screen Issues
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

Still could be an issue with cable running to DVR.

Try moving the DVR to the location where the box runs fine.

If it does, then it is the conenction to your DVR.

You could try swapping ports on the splitter, double-check the connectors on the cable itlsef or just make sure the connections are tight.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Asestria
Enthusiast - Level 3

I have the same problem. The only quick fix that I know of is, either unplug and then replug the dvr or reboot it. That is only a temporary solution though. Verizon is really aggravating & sucks big time.

0 Likes
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

Try rebooting the router.

I had a problem like that this weekend.

Router reboot cleared it up.

0 Likes
jwilson4110

Just adding here, I've had the same problem since coming off vacation. Perfect timing with a bunch of shows having started up since I returned. Getting no help from the online chat support. Reluctant to reboot things, but may have to try, I guess.

0 Likes
schwarze2006
Enthusiast - Level 2

I accessed VOD on a bedroom box (not the main DVR) and the program image was fine (HD quality).  I went to the main DVR (Living Room) and played the same program (selected "Resume Play") and the quality was jumbled as normal.  Looks like a main DVR "box" issue???  My problem is that if I have the main DVR swapped, will I lose the recorded programming on it?  The issue is only with Video On Demand, not live TV or recorded programs.  Also, I recently updated adjacent media components (main non-Fios audio/video receiver) and this VOD issue was present before and after the component swap, so this does not look like a connection issue.  Any new ideas?

0 Likes
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

Still could be an issue with cable running to DVR.

Try moving the DVR to the location where the box runs fine.

If it does, then it is the conenction to your DVR.

You could try swapping ports on the splitter, double-check the connectors on the cable itlsef or just make sure the connections are tight.

0 Likes
schwarze2006
Enthusiast - Level 2

Prior to reading your post I performed the box swap.  You were correct about the issue being a connection problem.  The problem seems to be with a coax cable I had running from the living room wall to a surge protector.  Another coax ran from the surge protector to the DVR.  I removed the 1st cable and ran the wall connection directly to the DVR box and so far everything seems to be working fine.  

It's weird that the additional cord and/or the surge protector would cause an issue with only VOD programs and not live TV but as long as everything keeps working, I am happy.

0 Likes
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

Could be either the extra cable is bad or the surge protector is blocking a frequency that is used for VOD and not other channels.

Glad to hear it is all working now.

0 Likes
Rajan_Anand
Enthusiast - Level 3
Personally I am posting to add to the discussion but not to provide a solution. The FIOS VOD began pixelating a lot on Saturday and Sunday 2/1/15. Tried checking cables and tightening connections. Reset and rebooted everything. Changed the main splitter at the house connection to the ONT. In the end after Super Bowl FIOS traffic died down the system came back online as it was before. Moca signal on the lines read 241 to 243 during this whole time.

Have other customers noted load based VOD degradation? Also what are passive splitters better for the connections to the cabling to the boxes?
0 Likes
DFios

I don’t have a DVR, but pixelation on VOD. I plugged cable box power cord directly into wall and coax is tight. Any ideas?

0 Likes