vizio Smart TV does NOT connect to FiOS wifi
kkv3

I got Fios two days ago.  everything looks ok except my internet connection to tv.  it is a hard wired connection (ethernet) from router extender to wall  and then wall to TV (using a netgear powerline).  It worked just fine when I had optimum services.

fios internet connection via Powerline works ok for my laptop.

my tv keeps telling me "download - not available" when I try to load youtube.

I tried to get help from fios but they were not very helpful.

can anybody out there help?

thanks

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: vizio Smart TV does NOT connect to FiOS wifi
jonjones1
Legend

@kkv wrote:

I got Fios two days ago.  everything looks ok except my internet connection to tv.  it is a hard wired connection (ethernet) from router extender to wall  and then wall to TV (using a netgear powerline).  It worked just fine when I had optimum services.

thanks

Quick solution is under your smart tv settings go and reset back to original day you bought it.

then plug in the ethernet cable to the tv and to a lan port on router.

if you connect wirelessly after the tv is reset you look for your WiFi SSID (network name) then click connect. Use the password from the router/extender depending on which one you are using. 

View solution in original post

0 Likes
jonjones1
Legend

@kkv wrote:

thanks

Quick solution is under your smart tv settings go and reset back to original day you bought it.

then plug in the ethernet cable to the tv and to a lan port on router.

if you connect wirelessly after the tv is reset you look for your WiFi SSID (network name) then click connect. Use the password from the router/extender depending on which one you are using. 

0 Likes
NRB5

Not helpful. I’ve connected but can’t access FiOS Verizon service. Please help. 

0 Likes
kh-gary
Moderator Emeritus

In order to keep discussion on the community current, this topic has been locked to prevent new replies. If you have a similar question or issue that you wish to discuss, then please feel free to post a new message on the most relevant board. Thanks!

0 Likes