Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.

WatchESPN

Reply
odusportsfan
Contributor
Contributor
Posts: 1
Registered: ‎12-29-2012

WatchESPN

Message 1 of 24
(16,399 Views)

WatchESPN does not work on my computer or my iPad.  Spent 30 minutes in a chat with Verizon and s 1 hour with Verizon technical support to receive the recommendation to contact ESPN.  I contacted ESPN to be told to contact Verizon.  Below is the error message.  Does Verizon have a clue?  I refuse to spend another hour on the line with a technician who cannot solve the problem.

 

We are unable to process your request at this time. Please verify that your Verizon FiOS TV subscription includes access to this content and try again. If you continue to receive this message please contact Verizon at http://www22.verizon.com/content/ContactUs.

23 REPLIES 23
aliasneo
Copper Contributor
Copper Contributor
Posts: 22
Registered: ‎12-20-2012

Re: WatchESPN

Message 2 of 24
(16,360 Views)

This is due to an group outage affecting many areas, no eta, upgrades going on the ESPN for ipad,pc,mobile

 

 

“I am a Verizon employee but my comments and thoughts are my own.”
Confusedraider
Contributor
Contributor
Posts: 1
Registered: ‎12-30-2012

Re: WatchESPN

Message 3 of 24
(16,331 Views)

I have called multiple time about this issues and the same process happened I called on Saturday ( months ago) on the phone for at least 2 hours just to be told it was a technical issue and they would transfer me over then I was put on hold for another hour or so just to be told that it was a billing issue and then transferred back. After I talked to them for another 30 minutes it passed Pm pst time they told me it was a technical issue and that now they were closed so call back tomorrow. Now seeing how this issue is still here plus I lost the ability to watch espn on my computer it makes me wonder what Verizon is doing to its customers and whether I should remain one. If IM not going to get my full services for the amount IM paying I wonder why IM paying full price.

limen
Copper Contributor
Copper Contributor
Posts: 6
Registered: ‎01-02-2013

Re: WatchESPN

Message 4 of 24
(16,246 Views)

If this is a group outage that is affecting a service that your customers are paying for, should you:

1) Send an email to everyone affected, explaining what is known about the outage, and that there is currently no ETA

2) Offer refunds based on the fact that customers are not allowed to have one of things they're paying for?

 

I mean, it's my understanding that this is the standard procedure that big companies utilize to apologize for group outages.

 

Pretending that the outage doesn't exist and hoping that customers don't notice will create more work for Verizon in the long run, and lower customer loyalty and brand reputation in the short run.

Anthony_VZ
Employee Emeritus Employee Emeritus
Employee Emeritus
Posts: 3,216
Registered: ‎02-24-2011

Re: WatchESPN

Message 5 of 24
(16,118 Views)

Confusedraider,

Since we haven't heard back from you or have received a form submission as requested in your private support case, it appears assistance is no longer required. If you need any future help with your Verizon service, please make a post here on the forums so we can assist.

Anthony_VZ

**If someones post has helped you, please acknowledge their assistance by clicking the red thumbs up button to give them Kudos. If you are the original poster and any response gave you your answer, please mark the post that had the answer as the solution**

Notice: Content posted by Verizon employees is meant to be informational and does not supersede or change the Verizon Forums User Guidelines or Terms or Service, or your Customer Agreement Terms and Conditions or plan

sdkeller
Copper Contributor
Copper Contributor
Posts: 24
Registered: ‎03-14-2012

Re: WatchESPN

Message 6 of 24
(16,041 Views)

They need to get this fixed ASAP.  Watching ESPN online is one of the main reasons I pay for the quantum service.  Fix this or I'll be switching to XFinity.

PJL
Gold Contributor V
Gold Contributor V
Posts: 2,069
Registered: ‎08-07-2008

Re: WatchESPN

Message 7 of 24
(16,008 Views)

@Anthony_VZ wrote:

Confusedraider,

Since we haven't heard back from you or have received a form submission as requested in your private support case, it appears assistance is no longer required. If you need any future help with your Verizon service, please make a post here on the forums so we can assist.


Anthony, the problem persists for ESPN2 and ESPNU.  ESPN and ESPN3 are fine.  It is impacting the PC and Android feeds.

limen
Copper Contributor
Copper Contributor
Posts: 6
Registered: ‎01-02-2013

Re: WatchESPN

Message 8 of 24
(16,001 Views)

I can also verify that the WatchESPN app does not work for ESPN3 on iphone 3, iphone 4, iphone 5 and ipad 1. I have the most current version of the app on all devices.

 

I'm getting an authorization error. My credentials are accepted and authentication passes, but I am denied access to the feeds. It is unclear whether the denial is done by Verizon or by ESPN.

 

I am subscribed to FIOS Internet (which includes ESPN3) and basic FIOS TV (which does not, afaik). Perhaps this might be a bug in the authorization protocol, where the "allow" rule through FIOS Internet should take precedence over the "deny" rule through FIOS TV, but doesn't.

 

However, I can watch all feeds on espn3.com just fine, through a web browser on a desktop computer. No authorization errors there.

PJL
Gold Contributor V
Gold Contributor V
Posts: 2,069
Registered: ‎08-07-2008

Re: WatchESPN

Message 9 of 24
(15,994 Views)

@limen wrote:

I can also verify that the WatchESPN app does not work for ESPN3 on iphone 3, iphone 4, iphone 5 and ipad 1. I have the most current version of the app on all devices.

 

I'm getting an authorization error. My credentials are accepted and authentication passes, but I am denied access to the feeds. It is unclear whether the denial is done by Verizon or by ESPN.

 

I am subscribed to FIOS Internet (which includes ESPN3) and basic FIOS TV (which does not, afaik). Perhaps this might be a bug in the authorization protocol, where the "allow" rule through FIOS Internet should take precedence over the "deny" rule through FIOS TV, but doesn't.

 

However, I can watch all feeds on espn3.com just fine, through a web browser on a desktop computer. No authorization errors there.


Since we can watch the other feeds (ESPN and ESPN3) we're getting properly authenticated through the login process.  It's just not working which makes me think it's a WatchESPN problem.  Apparently they don't like any Verizon customers right now.  Note that on the actual player page (see this link) the "Powered by Verizon" shows at all times on the page, indicating there's a successful login cookie.

 

By the way there are now two threads on this in this forum.

PJL
Gold Contributor V
Gold Contributor V
Posts: 2,069
Registered: ‎08-07-2008

Re: WatchESPN

Message 10 of 24
(15,989 Views)

@aliasneo wrote:

This is due to an group outage affecting many areas, no eta, upgrades going on the ESPN for ipad,pc,mobile

 

 


It is impacting all areas, not some.  aliasneo, you're a Verizon employee?  But your not posting with official status, right?  Just wanting to confirm my understanding. <thanks>

How-To Videos
 
The following videos were produced by users like you!
   
Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Have a spare Fios-G1100?Learn how to bridge it into your network
Get Started


Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Posts

Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.
Modal Dialogue Title