Re: WatchESPN
Hubrisnxs
Legend

fwiw, I can NOT access espn 2 and U from my android. I made a boo boo earlier and said I could.

Try emailing them for an official answer
apple-support@verizon.com

android-appsupport@verizon.com

0 Likes
PJL
Master - Level 3

@Hubrisnxs wrote:

fwiw, I can NOT access espn 2 and U from my android. I made a boo boo earlier and said I could.

Try emailing them for an official answer
apple-support@verizon.com

android-appsupport@verizon.com

Again, this is NOT an app issue.  It impacts all methods for accessing ESPN2 and ESPNU.

0 Likes
PJL
Master - Level 3

I reported this via issue (no ESPN2 or ESPNU, ESPN and ESPN3 ok) via the WatchESPN web contact us link and received the following response from ESPN: "We are aware of the issue and working to resolve it as quickly as possible. We apologize for any inconvenience."

So it appears it is not a Verizon issue.

nfotiu

I started getting this same error on Cartoon network, and HBO apps and web sites.  So, I do think this is solely a Verizon problem

0 Likes
sdkeller
Enthusiast - Level 3

I usually access ESPN through my home PC and for the past week or so I have not been able to access any of ESPN's stations.  The error I receive says that I should check with Verizon to verify that it's part of subscription but I've been accessing all of them fine for months.  Did something change on Verizon's end? Are they now trying to make us pay more for services we've alread been paying for?

0 Likes
PJL
Master - Level 3

@sdkeller wrote:

I usually access ESPN through my home PC and for the past week or so I have not been able to access any of ESPN's stations.  The error I receive says that I should check with Verizon to verify that it's part of subscription but I've been accessing all of them fine for months.  Did something change on Verizon's end? Are they now trying to make us pay more for services we've alread been paying for?

Did you read my post that said ESPN acknowleged the problem?

0 Likes
sdkeller
Enthusiast - Level 3

That's shocking.  I haven't been able to get Verizon or ESPN to acknowledge there is even a problem.  Let's hope they get it fixed.

0 Likes
limen
Enthusiast - Level 2

@PJL wrote:

response from ESPN: "We are aware of the issue and working to resolve it as quickly as possible. We apologize for any inconvenience."

So it looks like there are several issues, some of which ESPN takes responsibility for and some it does not. From this thread alone, what we've seen so far:

• ESPN2 & ESPNU are not accessible, ESPN acknowledges the problem and is working on it (for 2 months now? how are we getting reimbursed during the blackout?)
  • ESPN3 does not work on an iOS device if you have FIOS Internet but not the extreme FIOS TV bundle. It appears Verizon does not correctly authorize the user for the content. This has been a problem for me for 2 years, nobody is willing to acknowledge this problem even exists yet.
  • Other online web content, such as Cartoon Network and HBO, is sometimes also inaccessible. This also appears to be due to an authorization error on the Verizon side.

So, ok, it is clear that calling either Verizon support or ESPN support will get us nowhere. Let us hope that by collectively posting our observations in this forum we can narrow down further exactly what and how is being affected. Maybe one of these fine days a knowledgeable Verizon rep will respond. Or, at the very least, if this goes unaddressed for another couple of years then we'll have enough evidence for a class action suit and will finally be able to get our money back.

Keep posting people! 🙂

0 Likes
PJL
Master - Level 3

It looks like ESPN2 and ESPNU are back.  I just got the feeds, in addition to ESPN and ESPN3, with not problems.  I didn't have to re-login, clear cookies, or anything on the PC, and the Android app is working too.

I have not had any problems accessing any of the online services, at least not recently.  I guess I'm lucky.

0 Likes
limen
Enthusiast - Level 2

Still no ESPN3 on the WatchESPN app here. The message is: "You do not subscribe to the appropriate TV package from your cable provider." Which is true, for my TV package, but I'm getting ESPN3 through my Internet package, so this should work on iOS.

0 Likes