Wealth TV
dperry19431

For the past month or so I noticed the audio on Wealth TV creates a loud popping sound. This does not happen with the commercials only with regular programming. I've been forced to turn off the sound and use closed captions because I am afraid it might damage the speakers. It is actually hard to listen to anyway. My set top boxes are Motorola QIP7100-1 and QIP6200-2. Is the problem related to the boxes or is it Wealth TV programming?

Dave [edited for privacy]

0 Likes
Re: Wealth TV
Anthony_VZ
Master - Level 3

Sorry to hear about the audio issues you are having. I have a couple questions to get to the bottom of this.

1) Is this audio pop happening on just one box or both?

2) If it is both boxes, is it happening at the same time?

3) Is it only certain shows on the Wealth channel or all of them?

4) Do any other channels do this as well?

0 Likes
dperry19431

It's took me a little time to research your questions.

1] It just happens on the QIP 6200-2 STB.

2] Since this is the only STB with the problem - no

3] It is only on certain shows and looks like mostly the long ones such as Tales of Castles and Kings or The Magic of the Louvre.  It seems the 1/2 hour shows and ads are fine.

4] This is the only channel that does this all other regular and HD channels are fine.

I don't think I am alone as I picked the following off "Broadband DSL Reports"

Weird audio problems with one channel on two STB's

I have one 7232 and five 7100-2 boxes. About a week ago while watching the 7232 I tuned to WealthTV and noticed that the audio was messed up. It was like it was cutting on and off very rapidly, almost a staccato effect. I assumed it was a network issue since every other channel was fine. What I have since discovered is that this is only present on the 7232 box and one of the other 7200-2 boxes. All of the other boxes receive the channel just fine. I also discovered that during some network commercials the sound is fine but on other network commercials the audio issues are there. By network I mean not local commercials but national ads running on WealthTV. The audio problem appears to be on every normal WealthTV network broadcast, or at least it is there every time I tune into the channel.

Dave Perry

0 Likes
Anthony_VZ
Master - Level 3

Thank you for your investigation into my questions. Is this happening on the standard def channel or the HD channel. I want to see if we can reproduce this.

0 Likes
dperry19431

I did not realize Wealth TV has a standard channel (169) and have been using 669 only. I will check it out and let you know in a few days.

0 Likes
bd177q
Enthusiast - Level 2

I noticed the same thing today on Wealth TV HD. I only have 1 Tivo and 1 cablecard.

It was on the "Castles etc. " show. 

0 Likes
JFMC1

I have the same problem with Wealth TV 669 in Long Island NY. This problem is only with the HD channel. It damaged my amp  last time which caused $300 in repair plus shipping. I only use the TV for sound for this channel. I have experienced no problem with other channels. My amp works fine with my PS3, CD player and other 7.1/5.1 surround sounds. I hope Verizon can resolve this problem for customers.

0 Likes