What can I do so that my 1 yr old son doesn't subscribe to HBO ect?
aylababy21

I'm not sure if I set a password to the remote or if i can do that. I really don't know. Recently he subscribed to HBO and playboy and I didn't even know till days later. So if you can help me that would be great.

0 Likes
Re: What can I do so that my 1 yr old son doesn't subscribe to HBO ect?
prisaz
Legend

@aylababy21 wrote:

I'm not sure if I set a password to the remote or if i can do that. I really don't know. Recently he subscribed to HBO and playboy and I didn't even know till days later. So if you can help me that would be great.

It may not be a good idea for you to let your one year old play with the remote. I am not sure if they are child safe for that age group. You know paint content, choking hazards etc. But Parental Controls may help.

http://www22.verizon.com/ResidentialHelp/FiOSTV/Guide/Parental+Controls/Parental+Controls.htm

0 Likes
Hubrisnxs
Legend

parental controls is the best way to go, so you may want to hit menu > settings > parental control.    set a pin number (if you have one that you forgot - then you should open a chat support session to have them clear the parental lock)  

after you set a pin, you have to put in again to confirm it.

Once your in the menu, go down to control purchases, and make sure to put the checkmark next to "use parental pin" or if you want to be extra careful, then you can hit "use purchase pin" and you'll be making a seperate pin just for purchases.    After you do that, you can explore the other options if you want to enable them, like hide adult info (i like that) and control by ratings, or block channels individually. 

0 Likes
spacedebris
Master - Level 2

In addition to the control purchases. I would also go into and select the lock by channel and lock out those channels completely. Although the control purchases should be sufficient, I like to err on the side of caution. I would lock out the channel as well.

JiveTurkey2
Contributor - Level 1

Haha, you hit the nail on the head.  Parental controls are the most direct way to block purchases, but keeping the remote control out of reach of the little ones is the best policy (believe me, they learn.  VERY FAST!)

Hubrisnxs
Legend

my 17 month old has an affinity for DVR'ing Vietnemese or Korean TV.  I haven't figured out what language it is yet....

😛

prisaz
Legend

My one year old ordered it. Are you sure that is not the same as the dog ate my homework?

0 Likes