When Will Verizon Fix the PVR 7216 Audio Issues???????
duckcougar

Is there a 'fix' in the works for the Digital Optical connection and the PVR 7216?  Do I need to downgrade to a PVR 6416?  

When's the next update?

Thanks!!!! 

0 Likes
Re: When Will Verizon Fix the PVR 7216 Audio Issues???????
Joe01880
Contributor - Level 1

@duckcougar wrote:

Is there a 'fix' in the works for the Digital Optical connection and the PVR 7216?  Do I need to downgrade to a PVR 6416?  

When's the next update?

Thanks!!!! 

Last i was told Verizon is not sure when there will be a fix out for the 7216 DVR, that cover all three of your threads, this one, the audio one and the Channel Unavailable thread.

The only "FIX" is to get a 6416-2 DVR. You should not consider it a downgrade. It is working way better over all then the 7216 is. The only advantage of the 7216 at this time is its SD PQ is better then the 6416, if you mostly watch HD as i do, what does it matter!

0 Likes
Sabre70
Enthusiast - Level 3
I agree.  I had a 7216 for about a week before I had to swap it for a 6416.  the SD pic on the 7216 is noticably better but the other issues far outweight the fuzzy SD pic on the 6416.  Plus, hopefully when the new filmware rolls out the SD pic on 6416's come back to where it should be.  I'm realy surprised more folks haven't gone to tivo w/cable cards based on the issues with Vz DVRs.  The only reason I have not yet is because I'm not paying for the rental fee for the dvr only my second STB in my office. Tivo has some intial upfront costs that may scare some people away.  Once my free dvr term runs out I seriously think I'm going the tivo route.
0 Likes
psumatt1
Contributor - Level 2

Tivo-

-- Upfront costs

-- Monthly Fee

-- Cable Card fee

-- No On Demand

-- No IMG

-- Added chance of pixellation (read posts about TIVO not handling "hot" signals)

These are all of the reasons when i came back to FIOS the Tivo went out the door. 

0 Likes