Why is FIOS TV not available in League City, TX?
jas1999

League City has had FIOS internet for years but no TV is in sight.  Customer service told me it was because there is no local franchise agreement, but that is handedled by the state and not our local city goverment.   Other verizon territories in Texas have it so I'm not sure why we would not.  The few local techs I have talked with have said that something is close.  I know many in my area, many people went with comcast because of the lack of TV.  I'm sure many would switch over if FIOS TV was avaiable.

0 Likes
Re: Why is FIOS TV not available in League City, TX?
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

Don't know for sure, but have you checked with your Local Officials.  Ususally its a question of the local "politicians" blocking Verizon from offering TV service.

0 Likes
Re: Why is FIOS TV not available in League City, TX?
jas1999

From what I understand Texas took that decision away from local officials over 10 years ago.  The state grants the local franchise agreement.  I guess I could check with my local state rep.  When we first got FIOS the tech said there was some additional infrastructure needed and maybe verizon doesn't want to use the capital for it.  Especially with the proposed "over the top" LTE solution supposedly coming within a year.

0 Likes