Wireless PC to Wireless Internet HDTV
Aldo2

Uncertain as to whether this is the proper forum for my issue, but here we go: I have a LG TV with an Internet doggle plugged in. I see the TV's IP address on the Verizon Actiontec router site as a wireless computer, as well as all my other connected devices, i.e.., STB & HD converter boxes, wireless laptops & printers, and wired desktops. This is where things go south. None of the computers' My Network Places list the LG TV's Internet doggle as a workgroup device. I can display music, photos & videos stored on my computers using Nero MediaHome 4 (through the doggle) and Verizon Media Manager (through converter box). However, what I really want to do is display a computer's desktop wirelessly on the LG TV. The distance between the target wireless laptop & LG TV is approximately 20 ft. All wireless & wired suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

0 Likes
Re: Wireless PC to Wireless Internet HDTV
jddalton65
Enthusiast - Level 2

You have a couple of wired options ,..1 is use and HDMI cable from the laptop to an HDMI port on the TV,.or you can use a VGA cable frommthe laptop to a VGA port on the TV. Not sure about wireless in this case

0 Likes
spacedebris
Master - Level 2

The TV does not have the processing power to be able to display the computer desktop via the internet connection. In order to display a computer screen on the TV, it would have to run the remote desktop program and it simply does not have that abiltiy. The only way to display a computer desktop on a TV is to use a wired connection from the tv to the the Computer and use the TV as a monitor.

0 Likes
hhandh

Hello to all,

Wireless PC to TV connectivity is possible.  Computer and TV should be wireless (widi) capable. There are wired options as described in the previous answers such as HDMI cables. For wireless you can get a widi adapter that connects to the router.  Then check to see if your computer has wireless capability (widi) Intel option by typing in the search programs and files " wifi". If so,   follow the instructions on your computer intel wireless option to start your wireless connection and make sure your intel is enabled. Next purchase always ask about wireless capability on any TV/PC/IPAD/Printer. It beats getting stuck with old sale items.

0 Likes