Re: USB Connection Issue
bestresearcher

Hi, Wildman:

No luck..  I am using the cable (usb) which came with the phone.

I did not see other drives.  How do I create a" new"  drive showing/displaying the sdcard?

Thanks for the help.

Best, Bestresearcher

0 Likes
bestresearcher

Hey, Wildman,

Success at last.  I'm not quite sure what happened.  In any event, I owe it all to you!

Thanks for the help.

0 Likes
VZW_Zrock02
Contributor - Level 3

Depending on what you have installed on your computer the drive once plugged in should be listed as Drive E/F/G. It could be listed as any and will display the amount of memory if you right click and click properties so that you know it is the SD card. Also if you are continuing to have problems with transferring files to the phone you can try to download Astro File Manager which will let you move files easily. Keep in mind all applications are from third party's and are download at your own risk.

0 Likes
Wildman
Legend

Glad to hear that you got it up and running...

0 Likes
Wildman
Legend

bestresearcher wrote:

Hey, Wildman,

Success at last.  I'm not quite sure what happened.  In any event, I owe it all to you!

Thanks for the help.

UPDATE:  FINALLY ISOLATED THE ISSUE WITH DRIVERS AND SD CARD ACCESS AND HERES THE FOUND SOLUTION....

Follow installation process listed above and then follow instruction here.

It appears that the main issue that cause the driver loading issue is a conflicting drive already installed at time the correct driver is loaded but the old driver wasnt being uninstall automatically, if you or any one run into this issue again the trick is to open the Motorola Driver Installer.exe that is in startmenu under Motorola folder and select the "CLEAN AND REINSTALL" option from app and select start and all old drivers will uninstall and the correct drivers will be loaded... I was able to duplicate the driver install issue twice and both times I was able to fix with these instructions..

211-10-2010 7-18-46 PM.png

Hope this resolves user driver  and SD Card access installation issue

0 Likes
ItsJustMe

I am pulling my hair out.  I have installed drivers from Motorola's site and those through Verizon.  I have unselected debugging and restored it after installation.  I have ran the Clean & Reinstall and my computer still will not connect to my SD card.  When I try to access the drive from Windows explorer, it tells me that it is a CD drive and wants be to insert a disk.

Computer is Windows XP

Any ideas?

0 Likes
Wildman
Legend

ItsJustMe wrote:

I am pulling my hair out.  I have installed drivers from Motorola's site and those through Verizon.  I have unselected debugging and restored it after installation.  I have ran the Clean & Reinstall and my computer still will not connect to my SD card.  When I try to access the drive from Windows explorer, it tells me that it is a CD drive and wants be to insert a disk.

Computer is Windows XP

Any ideas?

You are accessing the wrong drive the phone makes 2 drives in the My Computer area, a virtual CD Drive and a Storage Card Drive, Have you changed the settings to Mass Storage?  Usually the last drive on the list is the SD Card for the phone.

CAP201011151920.jpg+CAP201011151922.jpg

Untitled.png

0 Likes
ItsJustMe

PacoX wrote:

Really a program to manage your card, Never seen on get installed on my machine. I have MotoConnect, but all that does is manage the driver for the phone, which only involves keeping it up to date. Nothing to manage the SD card. At first it launches a webpage everytime you connect your phone but you can easily turn that off.

Its there a program other than MotoConnect?

How do you turn that off so the web page doesn't launch automatically?

Oh, and to Wildman - I figured out my connection issue.  Because my computer is on a network, I was out of drive letters and had to disconnect one of my external drives before it would show me the SD card.

0 Likes
Wildman
Legend

ItsJustMe wrote:

How do you turn that off so the web page doesn't launch automatically?

In my previous post instructions was to uninstall the MotoConnect 1.1.31 application through the add / remove list under Control Panel on PC.

Oh, and to Wildman - I figured out my connection issue.  Because my computer is on a network, I was out of drive letters and had to disconnect one of my external drives before it would show me the SD card.

Glad to hear you got it figured out, I didnt think of checking that.

0 Likes
caclasby

l followed your instructions for removing the MotoConnect and am glad.  Instead of the phone always wanting to reinstall the drivers when you uninstall the whole app, it just plugs in and charges and gives me my two USD drives.  Also no more missing desktop because MotoConnect has to load before Windows explorer.exe and then frezes, also my boot time is faster after login than it has been in many months.  At first MotoConnect didn't cause many problems but the problems started to increase in frequency especially if I shut down the PC with the phone still plugged into the USB port.  Now, when I do a shut down with the phone plugged in, the phone recognizes that the the the USB is going away and disconnects.  Less frustration to worry about first thing in the morning when I get to work, instead of having to fix my PC I can now concentrate on fixing all the other IT problems that come in first thing in the morning.

Connie

Happy LanAdmin

0 Likes