Beware of gift card con job
goodkiwi
Enthusiast - Level 1

Don’t get fooled by Verizon agents!

on 11/3/17 I contacted Verizon via chat to inquire about higher internet speed that they advertised. The agent talked me into upgrading and renewed my contract by offering me a $100 gift card. On 1/30/18 I chat’d with them to inquire about the GC status and was told that it is in my record and will get that within 90 days of the initial order.  On 3/15/18 I followed up via chat and after checking back and forth the agent said his supervisor will process a statement credit of $100 instead and will be issued within 2 months. On 4/21/18 I f/u and was told to wait another month. On 5/28/18 again was told to be patient and wait another month. On 6/21/18 I was told to contact billing and of course billing dept gave me the run around and i was bounced from dept to dept.  One of the agent even had the audacity to try to get me to sell me another upgrade!!  I guess all these companies are thieves and they just want your money.  Shame on Verizon!  I will switch as soon as my contract is up or just cut the cord!

0 Likes
Re: Beware of gift card con job
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi goodkiwi,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Please check your Private Message Inbox for a message from Verizon_Support. You can find your Inbox by clicking on your username at the top right corner of this page. Please direct all correspondence concerning your issue to the agents who will be assisting you privately.

0 Likes