Can't receive Verizon email on Sprint Instinct Phone
lswlaw

Hello I have a Sprint Instinct phone that I would like to be able to receive my Verizon email on. I have a Yahoo work email that I can send and receive emails fine from. I get the account set up, it receives my inbox emails fine, then when I go to send a emal it always gives me an error of S7122. I have set up my POP account this way:  incoming.verizon.net and outgoing to: outgoing.verizon.net. It is getting through, but I must be missing something.

Please help!

Thank you

0 Likes
Re: Can't receive Verizon email on Sprint Instinct Phone
Niche
I am having the same problems.  I have had my phone since June.  My outgoing and incoming email was working fine until recently.   Sprint does not have an answer for the problem.  They are trying to say its Verizon but my husband has the touch pro and his Verizon email works fine.  Recently Sprint did a update on the Instinct Phone,  I believe it has something to do with that.  I have been on the phone with sprint and Verizon.  No one has an answer.  Sprint suggested I set up a Gmail Account and forward my Verizon email's to the gmail account.   I refuse to do that. 
0 Likes
fitcplfl

Well it works and you can have multiple emails come into your phone. You can also select the option to delete or not delete email from your Verizon inbox if done on the phone. Oh and it was not a Srint decision it was Verizon. And not to tell you anything you should already know but Verizon's Tech Support, Customer Service, and all Supervisors {please keep your posts courteous}  !!! Call Sprint tech support and they will walk you through it. Do yourself a favor though and immeditely ask for a level 2 tech so you dont waste your time.

Eli

Tampa, Florida

Message Edited by KaLin on 01-20-2009 01:28 PM
0 Likes
Telcoguru
Master - Level 1
It will only work with authentication. It needs your user name and password entered or you will get an error.