Change CO's?
cootch
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am in the bad situation that I sit at the fartherest point from my CO (edison, NJ).  This prevents me from getting fast DSL  speeds.  Of course half a block from my house where the other CO (new Brunswick, NJ) ends they have had FIOS available for over a year.  From what I've been told multiple linemen that my CO will not be wired up, ever! 

I desperately need more bandwidth and would love FIOS TV, I hate the cable company.  Do you know if there is a way to get my number moved to the other CO that supports FIOS?  Seems like every time I talk to someone at sales they don't even know what a CO is.  Very discouraging!

Re: Change CO's?
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

While it is the truth, it is basically impossible to get moved to another CO as this is determined by your location. I can feel your pain though wanting to get FiOS. Verizon stopped building FiOS out in my area roughly a year ago, despite competition from the cable company. Here I am with a 1Mbps/384kbps DSL connection, which is of course running maxed out all the time. I've been waiting for FiOS for 5 years now, and it's very unfortunately to see that they've stopped building it out in my area. I am of course in need of more bandwidth; 3Mbps DSL is available here though I have no plans to be getting that as FiOS is the next step up for me. Cable can serve as a temporary solution for me, but I'm basically still with DSL due to the fact that it's been reliable and running solidly for me which is something I appreciate.