Dog smarter than I thought
Kodakdog

Something must be going on over at Verizon, suddenly I'm getting some ridiculous service.

First, I go to order another digital adapter for an added TV.  I speak with reps on the phone and via chat...I get the adapter ordered, done.  After a couple of weeks the adapter hasn't arrived so I look at the email they sent me confirming the order, I see that it reads that they are sending me a cable card, not a digital adapter.  Not good.  I call them, finally get ahold of someone and they confirm my belief.  To my surprise, it still had not shipped.  Wonderful.  The rep tells me that I cannot cancel, nor change my order until the following Sunday and that they would call me.  Really, Sunday?  I speak with another rep on Sunday, explain the whole story again and they resolve the issue including telling me that he would waive the shipping fee for my trouble.  Done.  A week or so later, the adapter arrives.....this is the best part, without a power cord!  I again call, explain the whole situation....they will send me a power cord.  It's been about a week, so far, no power cord.  Wonderful.  I find a power cord that will work and hook it up, gave up on waiting, when it arrives, I''ll put it asside to send back when I leave Verizon, twelve months and counting.  

The first kicker is when I was researching the digital adapter, I find that I should be able to view all of my channels (when Verizon hooked my service the installer told me that I would be able to only get a select number of channels).  Another call and sure enough, they do something on their end and what do you know, I get all of my channels.  I went all this time watching only basic network channels in my bedroom, and when does it get fixed, a week before my HBO is about to run out!  Classic!

It continues, I get my bill and what's on it, the shipping charges for the digital adapter!  Not only that, but there is a PPV charge for a boxing match!  Perfect!  Mind you, this PPV happened while my wife and I were on the East coast.  Jokes on me!  Once again back on the phone.... I explain both situations, they credit the shipping charges, no problem.  The PPV on the hand was a different story.   I explained that I was out of town and the only one home was my ninety year mother (who watches two channels, Food and Cooking) and my dog (who I thought only watched what we watch).  Now, if Verizon would just have looked at what I watch, which I understand they can do, they would have seen that I have never watched a boxing match and I rarely watch any sports!  No, the rep said that I ordered it and watched it.  So, we have one of three possibilites.  First, Verizon misbilled me, second, my ninety year old mother was able to navigate through the five steps nessary to order a PPV show and give boxing a try, or third, my dog is much smarter than I give him credit for and watched some boxing.  Maybe I should have gone and checked the trash to see if he had some beers too!

End result, after about four hours on the phone and via online chats, I end up paying for half of a $75 boxing match that no one ordered or watched and I still do not have the power cord for the adapter.  Verizon did offer me to increase my service for another $20.  Nice.  Twelve months to go....

0 Likes
Re: Dog smarter than I thought
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

Hi Kodakdog

We will ask someone in the billing department to reach out to you regarding the charges for the PPV. They will be in touch via email or private message.

0 Likes
Kodakdog

Thank you.

The power cord for the digital adapter arrived....it's the wrong one!  It won't fit into the adapter, wrong size.....So, if I didn't have one of my own, I'd be paying for an adapter that wouldn't be usable!  Doesn't quite seem right now does it?  Customer service or sales, step up and throw me a bone!  A month of a premium channel or a movie or two, something!

Good luck to us all!

0 Likes
Kodakdog

Hi Liz,

It appears that no one has yet to contact me or send me a message...

0 Likes
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

Thank you for that note. We will send this to an admin who will contact the Ecenter.

0 Likes